Best GBA Fighting Game

Discussion in 'GBA - Console and Game Discussions, Help and Tips' started by OSW, Dec 10, 2006.

1. OSW
    OP

OSW Wii King

Former Staff
    Oct 30, 2006
    Well, i'm looking for a fighter, but i don't know where to start. Any Suggestions?

2. .TakaM

.TakaM .II

Oct 8, 2004
    New Zealand
    street fighter alpha 3

3. KillerMiller

KillerMiller Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2002
    Gambia, The
    Germany, Berlin
    Super Street Fighter II Revival is a real nice SF version for the GBA.

4. assassinz

assassinz Visoly 512 Flash Advance Linker Xtreme Master!

Mar 17, 2003
    United States
    The Internet
    [​IMG]

Street Fighter Alpha 3 is a really good fighter for the GBA. I like it so much I actually bought it!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Check it out!!!

5. TanookiSuit

TanookiSuit Game Reviewer/Writer -- formerly Vampire Hunter D

Nov 11, 2004
    United States
    Louisville, KY
    Super Street Fighter II Revival to me is the superior of the 2 on the GBA. I had the Alpha3 game and thought it kind of sucked. They changed the way the button mapping setup worked which I didn't like, but mostly it was the nasty jump in difficulty between fights going from like wussy easy to aggravating hard after like the 3rd one. Also while it is nice to have people to select from and try and remember, SFA3 with that and all the styles was just overboard. And SSF2 also has some other fun little modes built into it as well.

I imported the SSF2 game I have just to avoid that little issue the us/uk one has and it's a great addition to any collection.

6. Burunduk

Burunduk Member

Newcomer
    Oct 25, 2006
  7. Hadrian

Hadrian Better than Craigslist

Former Staff
    Oct 12, 2004
    King of Fighters EX2: Howling Blood is the best GBA fighter. Its the complete package for me.

8. Parsaw

Parsaw GBAtemp Regular

Sep 18, 2006
    United States
    Rocklin, CA

I agree.

9. Sc4rFac3d

Sc4rFac3d GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jul 30, 2005
    Netherlands
    Super Street Fighter II Revival definately! [​IMG]

Pretty much the gba game that entertained till it's death. [​IMG]

10. Gifted1

Gifted1 GBAtemp Fan

Jul 26, 2006
    United States
    I love Street Fighter Alpha 3 but i hate that it's hard to do the moves like fireball.

11. coolpower

coolpower Newbie

I also like "Super Street Fighter II Turbo Revival" because when I press 'select' button during the fight, I can do the moves easily. It's like a simplified move mode. For instance, to do 'hadoken' by Ryu, instead of 'quarter circle + punch', I can just press 'left+punch'. I can play the game to my full potential, instead of being frustrated of not being able to do the move. I don't know if people know this, but people don't mention this alot.

Actually I want to play "Street Fighter Alpha 3" too because the fighters have multiple specials instead of just one. The problem is its kind of hard to do the moves. Does anyone know if "SF Alpha 3" has a similar simplified move mode just like "SSF II Turbo Revival"?

12. cornaljoe

cornaljoe GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 13, 2006
    United States
    Tag

13. windboi

windboi Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 3, 2007
    it's alway Street Fighter >.

14. pikirika

pikirika GBAtemp Regular

Aug 13, 2004
    Planeta Axturias
    I´m really into the double dragon advance and final fight one, classic 2D scrollers.

15. Pedro UK

Pedro UK GBAtemp Regular

Feb 7, 2007
    Either SF II is pretty cool. Very slick and don't feel dumbed down in comparison to their home console brethren. The difficulty spike in Alpha 3 is annoying but I do find myself playing it more than revival...don't really know why!

16. Mchart

Mchart GBAtemp Fan

Sep 25, 2005
    United States
    Chicago
    Street fighter alpha 3 by far. Has the best graphics out of all of them, the most character choices, the most combo's, etc..

17. Strider

Strider Next to the mainstream

Oct 29, 2002
    All current answers are vs. fighters, if you're looking for a regular beat 'em up, try Final Fight [​IMG]

18. Rayder

Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

Former Staff
    Jan 14, 2007
    United States
    USA
    I found that if you have both Street Fighter Revival and King of Fighters Howling Blood, then you have the best the GBA has to offer in terms of fighting games.

19. Attackster

Attackster Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 4, 2007
    theres some good ones out there but i cant remember there names [​IMG] but there all on the [​IMG]