Hardware Best GBA cart solely for GBA usage.

the_skdster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What would be the best GBA cart right now? That is solely for GBA.
Reason why I am asking is 'cause my brother likes the GBA SP more and hates the "Feel" of the DS. I know, I don't get it either.
wacko.gif

Was thinking the EZ-Flash 3.
Or should I just get an EZ-Flash 4 and hope he starts playing DS games as well?

What would be the easiest/most efficient cart for sole GBA play?
Also, what would be a good site to buy off of? Can't seem to find many sites that still offer GBA-only playable carts.

Thanks for reading!
grog.gif

*edit: just realized posted in wrong sub-forum. Movos pleaso.
smile.gif

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The EZFA 256Mbit, though I'm not sure where it's sold anymore (or if it even is still being sold).
It was the best GBA flash card of it's time and I still think it's the best pure GBA flash card there is.

Edit: Scratch that, there's no way you'll be able to get your hands on this flash card anymore. Sorry.

Edit 2: The X-ROM 512 Mbit is also really good, but as with the EZFA, you can't buy them anymore.

I would've recommended you try your luck at the GBAtemp trading post but you don't have enough posts.
dry.gif

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't think they make them anymore, but the XROM 512 (I have one) was pretty good... takes a bit of time to write games to it, but compatibility is 100%, cheat code system, rom trimming, and auto save patching.

I can put a fair amount of games on it, 512Megabits (64Megabytes)... right now I'm using about half of it with Final Fantasy 5, Metriod Fusion, and Metriod Zero Mission.

Seriously, if you can find one, it's well worth it. The flashing software works in XP and Vista.

Arch Feline

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am not sure that you live near your brother but if you do, get the full size EZ-flash 3 in 1. You can load a game on it - into NOR - with your DS. Perhaps he will get a DS to load his EZ-flash.

the_skdster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Arch Feline said:
I am not sure that you live near your brother but if you do, get the full size EZ-flash 3 in 1. You can load a game on it - into NOR - with your DS. Perhaps he will get a DS to load his EZ-flash.
Sorry, but what is NOR?
Also, will he be able to use the full-size 3in1 on the SP? Or is that only for the DS? Because he really, really only wants to play on his SP...

Jack-Of-Trades

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can mod a old reg GBA cart and put it in there...

Or trim the sides of it (the over hanging part that stops it from going in a reg gba) and add a string/wire to it to form a handle to pull it out
And to last part any slot 2 cart works in other gba's with the exception of the 3-in-1 that you need a ds to flash it

And LOL @ Demon... EFFA best gba cart... Lol not in a million years best cart always will be...

Non removable storage EZ-Flash III (RTC Support) (Jandaman use to stock them)
Cheap Removable Storage option EZ-Flash IV (2'nd best "2'nd gen" GBA cart) (blows Supercard out the water due to it's faster chips = no slowdown + not having to use save states...)
Best option And you pay out the ass for the best
M3 Lite Perfect All the features of the above + direct support for Micro-SD cards And one day the flashcart people may relize there is still a use for slot 2 carts and add SDHC Compatibility

rockbmi

Trophies
XP
Get a M3 Perfect yeah it can play DS games but its a great GBA device and it has everything such as RTC, and full compatibility with every GBA game and as your brother doesn't like the DS this cart can be used just for the GBA, so think you should get it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pump the chocolate into my veins