Best gaming rig to buy

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Link5084, Aug 6, 2009.

Aug 6, 2009

Best gaming rig to buy by Link5084 at 10:49 PM (1,388 Views / 0 Likes) 15 replies

1. Link5084
    OP

Member Link5084 Sword & Shield at your service

United States
    I don't really wanna build a computer myself, but I wanna buy myself a great gaming rig. What's a great one?

2. DigitalSquirrel

Member DigitalSquirrel GBAtemp Regular

United States
    If you don't want to build one, Alienware or XPS. Be ready to pay mucho $$$.

3. Maz7006

Member Maz7006 iSEXu

Lebanon
    ^^ that's the ugly truth, you'll save yourself loads of cash building yourself one. Anyway visit either the Alienware or Dell website, and browse to the gaming categories, if you can take the price...then so be it [​IMG]

4. Link5084
    OP

United States
    What? I heard Alienware was crap by the way. Can you please give me a tutorial online that tells me how to build the best gaming rig?

5. Lodis

Member Lodis GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I cannot believe that some one has actually recommended Alienware. Forget about the overpriced Alienware and take a look at Sager gaming rigs instead.

6. Disturbed1

Member Disturbed1 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    ecollegepc.com puts together pretty much any PC you could want for a reasonable price.

7. Golfman560

Member Golfman560 TheRapist.com

Antarctica
    Lol ever since Alienware was acquired by Dell it's been shit. XPS has always been shit. Check Velocity Micro, Falcon Northwest, and Maingear to name a few for the US.

8. Link5084
    OP

United States
    This or Sager?

9. Link5084
    OP

United States
  10. Link5084
    OP

United States
  11. Link5084
    OP

United States
  12. Sephi

Member Sephi fool

United States
  13. Westside

Member Westside Sogdiana

Uzbekistan
    ibuypower.com is by far the best website I've seen. They customize computers for you if you like to choose parts, or have pre-built computers. The price is really good, and the job is also professionally done. I recommend this place.

14. IzzehO

Member IzzehO GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    What ever happened to good ole fashion local stores? I have a mate who runs a computer store and he generally builds rigs as competitively as most of these online places - simply because you don't have to pay shipping and screw around online...

15. Pyrofyr

Member Pyrofyr GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Newegg.com

Go there, look at parts, look at the prices on them. They are cheap. Ask someone who knows of computers what can go with what (simple really without enough reading, but better to ask someone to explain it to you faster than a tutorial can). Find pieces, cheap etc, and toss together a quick PC.

I paid 700 dollars for my home made PC, it's better than any Alienware under $4,000 [​IMG]

16. DSGamer64

Member DSGamer64 Canadian, Eh?

Canada
    Newegg also has build to order PC's which seem pretty good and I think the prices are roughly the same as what the sum of all the parts would be if you bought them individually. Alienware are a hunk of turd, only lazy people who don't want to learn to DIY and are too stupid to look for other custom built machines would buy Alienware. It's not hard to find someone who can assemble a PC, it's not rocket science these days either, you are looking at maybe 15 minutes to put one together assuming you do everything correctly. If you know anyone who can assemble one, offer up 100 bucks to do it, thats cheaper then what it would cost to have some asshat at Dell or Alienware do it and use shitty parts in the process.

You can get something like this which has good specs for gaming and looks like they use brand name components (motherboard is MSI made) whereas most prebuilts use their own crappy hardware which has horrid durability and doesn't last as long (which is what is killing HP with budget cutbacks on parts, their computers are garbage now): http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?...N82E16883229104