Best gaming headset for 3DS, PSP, and Vita?

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by TheNlightenedOne, Nov 24, 2012.

1. TheNlightenedOne
    OP

Newcomer TheNlightenedOne (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

United States
    What's the best gaming headset for 3DS, PSP, and Vita? The Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 looks good, but it's not a standard headphone connector, from what I understand.

2. DaggerV

Member DaggerV Archmagi of the Emerald Moon

United States
    I'd be curious about one that has a volume adjuster that goes beyond max volume of the handheld. I'm not familiar with the output of the handheld to recommend anything, I use the same one for pc, handheld, and consoles.

3. Randamin

Member Randamin GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Its possible to get that headset connected to the 3DS, Vita, or PSP but that would require the use of several adapters and would not be easy to carry around. One being the headset input seems to use RCA cables while the microphone seems to use the 2.5mm that plugs into the xbox controller. The amplifier is usb too so having to be connected to a usb port or carry around a usb power pack is not easy.

I wouldn't know the best headset for those portables that you mentioned and would need to do some research though hopefully someone else can chime in.

4. Latiken

Member Latiken GBATemp's Epic Fusion

United States
    Actually, in order to use a headset you would need a 2.5mm plug with three rings.
    Don't know about going beyond the max volume of a handheld.

5. xwatchmanx

Member xwatchmanx GBAtemp's (Un)Ironic Weeaboo

United States
    I never use it for voice chat, but honestly? The official PS Vita earbud headset is great. Cheap ($20), and pretty great sound quality and build quality. Plus, it has a tangle-free cord, so bonus. It works for voice chat on the Vita as well. I use that headset for everything, and I don't even own a vita (listening to music on my smartphone, PC, gaming on my 3DS, etc).

6. Deltaechoe

Member Deltaechoe The Dopefish

United States
    If you want something that makes the sound louder, you should spring for an actually headphone amp. Fiio makes some pretty decent ones that are reasonably priced (search for the micca store or on amazon).

And reading your post, it seems to me like you are looking to buy a set of headphones or in ear monitors. In this case I would recommend getting something by sennheiser or audio technica

7. Latiken

Member Latiken GBATemp's Epic Fusion

United States
    I don't have a Vita (shocking!) so this might be a noob answer.
    Get a headset with a boom mic. maybe?

8. xwatchmanx

Member xwatchmanx GBAtemp's (Un)Ironic Weeaboo

United States
    Btw, I just saw yesterday that the official Vita headset is on sale for $15 at Walmart, so now might be a great time to get it, if you intend to get it at all.