Not open for further replies.

Cermage

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pre-emptive tl;dr: my "Stuff that i don't really need, but want to buy" list has changed.

1. (Spray)paints for my GUNDAMS
2. 1/144 HGUC Unicorn Gundam Destroy mode
3. 1/144 HG + toolkit
4. 1/100 MG Strike Noir
5. 1/100 MG Exia Ignition Mode
6. 1/144 HGUC Gabthley
7. 1/100 MG Zaku?
xx. 1/100 MG Sinanju
xx. PS3 + games.
xxx. 1/60 PG Zaku (don't think i'm ever going to get the money for this ;_;)

________________________________________________________________________________

PC + PS3 + Wii+ PSP (and maybe ds)

which is why i've sold my jtaggable 360 and put a ps3 on my list of things to buy. i've thought about it for awhile now, the only real reason i bought my 360 was to play pirated games. but i found myself playing a majority of the games i got for my 360 on my pc, which looks much better and a much more enjoyable experience because of this. now, i've got a competent pc, plays absolutely everything i throw at it and because of that, i sold my ds awhile back. Ds emulation is actually coming along pretty well, desume/No$gba will pretty much play any of the big titles that come out. while it does have a pretty cool collection of games, not many of them are serious enough, sure its a decent enough platform when all you are looking for is a bunch of fun games. but the past 6 months, there really hasn't been anything that tickled my fancy. sure there is hg/ss, but i played that through when it come out in japanese already. the only game i'm really keen on for the ds right now is dj max technika. but there hasn't been any news (none that i've found) since its announcement. and if it uses similar controls as the psp, i'll probably end up emulating it - i might buy it for the sake of saying i've bought it. unless there is heavy usage of the touch screen, i probably won't be picking up another ds anytime soon.

now you may ask why i put a ps3 up there. i've put it up because;
a) its price, i can go pick up a brand new slim for 449 australian, during christmas i could have picked one up for 349 australian, but i didn't have the funds to do so around christmas. before, at launch it was 999 launch, which dropped to around 800. now you can pick up a new system for half the launch price. i can get used systems for 250-350 easy.

b) the shit that ms pull.
you want to get a bigger hard drive? yah oke, here 250gb with really big pricetag.
u want to pray onrine? u gotta pay for subscription
cant connect 2 internets? you either have to have a router nearby, buy microsofts adapter or hunt down a gaming ap.

seriously, why can't i use my own hard drive? for the price of microsofts hard drives, i can buy a 640gb 2.5" and more. i picked up a wireless router specifically for consoles for my original xbox for around $50 while i still used as a media centre. instead microsoft want you to use official Microsoft™ products with it. which can end up costing up to 3 times what they are worth.

c) The games, There aren't anywhere near as many 360 exclusives that tickle my fancy as compared to whats on ps3 right now. most of the microsoft exclusives come out on both 360 and pc (hello metro 2033 whenever you get dumped). and i don't particularly enjoy halo or gears of war. sure odst was interesting, but i only really found firefight to be fun. Gears of war? i got bored of the first one fairly quickly.

as for now i want to get Demons Souls, Heavy Rain (the movie), MGS4 and Fat Princess from PSN. also a bunch of psn classics would be cool (mainly ps2 games). also free online service is a pretty cool guy.

on another note, one of our family friends son watched me build my crossbone. He has adhd, while he was watching me build it he was quiet, you could literally hear a pin drop. You usually can't keep him still for more than 5 minutes. Even on his medication he is still quite noisy. after awhile i got him to help on on some of the weapons, just cutting them out of the sprues and putting them together after i got rid of the nubs leftover. So his mother told me "go grab one of them and whatever he needs to get started, $50 should be enough right?" now i felt like being nice, told her she didn't need to pay, it'd come out of my pocket. She's a nice person and all, very hospitable towards me all the time, so i thought why not. now we just have to see if he sticks to it.

BeatriceTheGolde

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
tempchan.co.cc
XP
Country
Canada
.Radiant said:
the only game i'm really keen on for the ds right now is dj max technika. but there hasn't been any news (none that i've found) since its announcement. and if it uses similar controls as the psp, i'll probably end up emulating it - i might buy it for the sake of saying i've bought it. unless there is heavy usage of the touch screen, i probably won't be picking up another ds anytime soon.
Dude, Technika is ALL touchscreen. It's almost Ouendan, but Korean and DJ Max difficulty.

I don't know how well it's going to be ported since in the arcades, you play with your fingers on a multi-touch glass screen... The shitty plastic resistive screen can't handle multiple inputs...

QUOTE(Rockstar @ Mar 13 2010, 06:45 AM) IMO
its DS+PSP+Wii+PC
DS has nogaems, Wii has nogaems.

Shakraka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whoa, you want to spray paint your models? Wouldn't getting an even coat be a bitch if you do that?

BeatriceTheGolde

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
tempchan.co.cc
XP
Country
Canada
ojsinnerz. said:
War said:
DS PSP Wii PC PS3.

If you have a really awesome PC:

DS PSP PC PS3.

If you wanna cut corners AND have an awesome PC:

DS PC PS3

This is the only right answer.

If you have awesome enough PC, you don't need DS.

QUOTE(yuyuyup @ Mar 13 2010, 02:05 PM)
pc, wii, ds although all the consoles and portables this generation are fantastic

No they're not, they suck.

Cermage

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Shakraka said:
Whoa, you want to spray paint your models? Wouldn't getting an even coat be a bitch if you do that?

getting an even coat with a brush is harder from experience. the ideal way to do it is with an airbrush, but i'm not going fork out $200-$300 for the pen and compressor.

and with technika, thats the thing... i don't see how they're going to port the controls. unless they made it super casual.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For me
PC- for a while now we have passed the turning point of "consoles vs PC ports- which is better?" and it was never as evident as the PS1 and PS2 era. Rather nicely DX10 has for the most part failed so no need to throw money into the upgrade pit to play games for the next while at least.

360- there are still console exclusives so I choose the most hackable one and arguably the one that comes off stronger or not really any worse in the port stakes. I have plastic shaping kit so in the end it probably does not matter but I still hate the dual shock playstation controller for extended play. It could have happened but exclusives on either side have met with my apathy with the possible exception of Dead Rising (even then I am looking to the sequel to perfect the formula).

Handheld- DS, I like my PSP with the emulation (not that the DS can not sort me) and somewhat offbeat and/or solid "genre" games but assuming both are charged it will always be the DS. With few exceptions (less than 5) I have not played a new commercial game since September 2007 beyond that which I have to do for testing or for helping out people with flash carts. This is not a bad thing either- I am very much looking forward to when I rinse the ones before that time and seek out newer games.
Ignoring media players (but not music making applications), emulation and protocol* homebrew (ssh, ftp, smtp, telnet, HTTP, IRC......) DS homebrew for me is probably the best of any I have ever tried including the likes of the c64 with only the GBA (which it also runs) providing any real competition. The PSP has a few solid pieces of non emulator/media homebrew but for volume and consistent quality the DS blows it out of the water.

*lack of such things is usually high among the reasons I lack a mobile phone or similar device so any hypocrisy you plan to accuse me of can be left until you can demonstrate something I can use as a base standard.

This being said for me online play is but mildly amusing, warranty cards make for good kindling and everything else is but a minor speedbump or better yet fun for me to work around. I like the wii and completely understand it succeeding but as someone who was very much around for the shareware/amiga era and now wanders around the homebrew fields the wii has failed to gain the title "quirky" and at this point it still seems to be suffering for trying to (unnecessarily*) stand up to the other consoles.

*the gamecube had many other failings but in the end I really did like the games. For the wii being a juiced up gamecube it has fallen very flat here.

For a final point though I will have to follow up BeatriceTheGolden's implication and say I can probably pick at least one game on every console I have played until now that I consistently return to as emulation, curiosity or boredom affords. With the possible exception of skate (2) and a handful of quite early DS games (before that of the cut-off I mentioned above) I can not point to anything thus far that will do the same for this time around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality