Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

perpetualskeptic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a huge fan of my Micro. I still play it all the time. I even imported the wireless adapter. It looks so much nicer than the big clunky one. I'm thinking about trying to find a backlit SP though, for GC compatibility and stuff.

naglaro00

Mildly disturbed
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
GBA SP because it was the only one I tried using
Stupid reason I know
laugh.gif

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
I would say the grey brick. It was a great console that people were still figuring out how to market. I got mine as a unexpected christmas present - the bundled one - Tetris, a link cable and the console itself. I finally got around to beating Tetris (level 9, height 5) too. Games were okay, and there weren't too many RPG's back then. (I remember in the playground people getting obsessed over my 10 in 1 illegal cart - Mortal Kombat was the first game on it too.)

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ok i will 'oldskool' it

1998 GameBoy Color in purple (the name grape was given to it later on for marketing) (Anthrox showcased), Oldskool released the first ROM for this unit with help from whoever dumped it overseas.

Now it was a difficult choice here between GBC and GBA but I come to the conclusion of GBC mainly because of aesthetics. It still retained the oldschool (note, not oldskool that is a console group
biggrin.gif
) look to it and was the first nintendo handheld with a color screen.

It is a difficult decision too because everyone knows that GBA does support GBC roms. however, if you take kirby tilt 'n tumble the cart is upside-down in a GBA and does not function properly. But this should be minor I guess.

Also GBA has a larger screen. I felt very squinty eyed peering into that tiny GBC screen while gaming and could not make out distant objects if I looked away from a long gaming session.

Over all, GBC holds a great amount of nostalgia value and it was the most exciting console to come out for me since the Super NES.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i think im a bad person