Best Gameboy (original) Clone?

Discussion in 'GBA - Console and Game Discussions, Help and Tips' started by ProDigit, Jun 15, 2015.

1. ProDigit
    OP

ProDigit Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 15, 2015
    United States
    Hey,

I want to know if the original gameboy has been cloned (not the advance or color), with modern technology (more modern chips), and better screen; and where to get them?

I don't care if it reads Nintendo cartridges or not; as long as it plays back .GB files.
    I also have a bunch of cartridges that if it does play them back, I'd be happy as well.

I want a bit of the original feel of a gameboy (a non-backlit screen, no color), and the good battery life (or better battery life than the original gameboy).

Thanks!

2. Drud1995

Drud1995 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 18, 2012
    United States
    Magicant
    Your best bet is to just get an original Gameboy and a flashcart. The cart has a micro sd slot for the loading of games and you can just pop the cart out and play your normal game cartridges as well.
    Here is a link for the Gameboy Everdrive: http://www.stoneagegamer.com/everdrive-gb.html

They cost about $77

3. ProDigit
    OP

ProDigit Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 15, 2015
    United States
    I've looked around for a bit, and the SP clones have been removed from sales sites.
    I believe Nintendo threatened sites selling SP clones, like Dealextreme, and others.
    They also sued the phugg out of those companies creating clones.

Occasionally, a gameboy color clone is still on the market; as the design is older, and perhaps Nintendo isn't aware of them yet, or they might have a lawsuit on those companies already.

But I really thought, that with today's technology (<20nm chips), there must have been a Gameboy clone with better battery life, and if must, an E-ink screen; which could last like for weeks on a battery charge! (especially with the modern lithium cellphone batteries)...

I hope the Chinese would be able to make a gameboy clone some day with e-ink screen!