Best fw for Banned 360

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by newfire01, Jun 28, 2012.

Jun 28, 2012

Best fw for Banned 360 by newfire01 at 6:24 PM (838 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. newfire01
    OP

Newcomer newfire01 Member

United States
    Hey all, so it's been a while since I've played any backup games on my 360 and i'm looking to update it to the newest ixtreme fw (if it is still even called that). The last backup I played was Deus Ex and I BELIEVE I used ixtreme 1.6, using the Activate disk. When I bought Skyrim last year, I'm assuming the update on the disk erased my ixtreme (since backups no longer work).
    So my question is, how should I go about updating/ flashing the newest or best ixtreme to play the latest games on my BANNED phat 360? I haven't flashed in a long time, and having flashed two different 360s several times years ago, I feel lost with the new terms and I don't know if it is the same procedure or if there is a method or version I should use specifically for banned 360s. Also, if i remember correctly, my 360 has a liteon drive, and I have a launch day red ringed 360 with a Samsung drive that I can try to fix if that box will be any easier to flash. Any help is appreciated, even if you just guide me to another website or forum for more help
    :lol:

2. DinohScene

Member DinohScene The Gift of Dino

Antarctica
    I assume your dashboard is lower then 15572.

I'd suggest getting it RGH'd (similar to jTAG)
    No need for burning backups since it's already banned.

Plus the addition of throwing the games on the internal HDD makes it way better then updating your box and continue to use DVD's

3. newfire01
    OP

United States
    Thanks DinohScene! I looked in to the RGH a while ago, if i am not mistaken it takes additional hardware to do. I am looking for something that doesnt require anything additional or extra tools/ soldering- I want something easy like the old flashing method I am used to. I can check out if anyone in my area is offering RGH services though, just hope it is not as expensive as I remember JTAG being. What is a reasonable price if I do go this route?
    Also I really don't mind using disks, but yes loading games onto my HDD does sound very appealing!

4. DinohScene

Antarctica
    I'd do it for the HDD loading + optional online on Xlink Kai.

A normal RGH should come in at about 50 bucks..
    If you're lucky.

I shouldn't update the box if I where you.
    Just get it RGH'd
    If you ever sell it one day then it's more of an value then just being a banned box.

5. newfire01
    OP

United States
    Yea you're right, I am liking what I see with RGH, just looking for someone in my area to do it for me. Only one person I've found on craigslist, at 70 bucks. Hopefully I can find it for less!

6. DinohScene

Antarctica
    There must be someone dat does it cheaper.

I have no idea how much shipping to europe is,
    Otherwise I've done it for ~20 bucks (costs of the chip)
    And shipping ofcourse.