Hacking Best for my kids... CycloDS or Acekard RPG

T$unami

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok Im gonna get either the CycloDS V3 black or the Acekard RPG.

I like the idea of the built in nand memory of the Acekard RPG as there will in real terms be little in the price after buying a good quality sdcard.

Ive read the reviews till im blue in the face, i just need a little push in the right direction, i will have to make the desision shortly as the little'ns birthday is only a little way away now...

I think theres little between the 2 as both seem to have good support from their makers, but is there anything im forgetting or missing.

Cheers

azotyp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
I have acekard rpg and dont know where is that big deal about acekard, if I've had a chance I would change it onto cyclo ds black
smile.gif
(cyclo have more features and gold medal in gbatemp review).

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'd take cyclo.

They're about even, but Cyclo is about 5 bucks cheaper, and any micro sd works on it. 100% download play, and game compatibility, amazing support from the team.

Acekard RPG is quite picky about micro sds' though. It does has NAND, so you can still put laggy games and run perfectly, but I heard it doesn't have a perfect download play. Other than that, it's still great.

solange82200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh no no, Cyclo Ds, no question about it. I have one, my 7 year old son has one, my coworker's two sons' each have one, both my brothers each have one, my brother's best friend has one... I have never even heard of the other one. Anyway, just my opinion, you cant beat the cyclo. I have more than a hundred ROMS and have yet to come across an unplayable game

Raisingod

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Oh no no, Cyclo Ds, no question about it. I have one, my 7 year old son has one, my coworker's two sons' each have one, both my brothers each have one, my brother's best friend has one... I have never even heard of the other one. Anyway, just my opinion, you cant beat the cyclo. I have more than a hundred ROMS and have yet to come across an unplayable game

If you never heard of the other card how can you judge it?

Anyway both card would be enough for children . You need to look into the upkeep proccess ( updating , games transfer etc)

BTW :

I would look into Bliss' costum AK RPG menu as it allow "plugins" ( its actually associating certien fiel extensions to certain application { so if the kids want to play an MP3 file they just need to load it in the AK menu and not load the music program then search for the file}

Raisingod

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
If i were you i would go for a TopToyDS since there so cheap and easy but since you only want an Acekard or Cyclo i would go for a Cyclo since its easier, has support and is just an overall decent cart.

Blah I will probably look like a AK fanboy after saying that but : SUPPORT? and the AK aint got one?

Anyway its true that TTDS is cheap and will provide you anything you need . I will also look at EDGE since its a cheaper clone of CYCLODS

Jaejae

Superfly Don't Used
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
Out of those two? A Cyclo, the Acekard's features realy aren't necesary for a child looking only to play some games.

And out of all the cards, Raisingod, the RPG has the best support, open source=unlimited developers..
Also, the EDGE is a clone of the Cyclo DS, the Cyclowiz is actually a Wii modchip.... Not much use for a DS now is it.

I would suggest a TTDS over both of those cards, due to it being comparatively very cheap. Plus, there is a custom loader for it, despite it being closed source.

Raisingod

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Out of those two? A Cyclo, the Acekard's features realy aren't necesary for a child looking only to play some games.

And out of all the cards, Raisingod, the RPG has the best support, open source=unlimited developers..
Also, the EDGE is a clone of the Cyclo DS, the Cyclowiz is actually a Wii modchip.... Not much use for a DS now is it.

I would suggest a TTDS over both of those cards, due to it being comparatively very cheap. Plus, there is a custom loader for it, despite it being closed source.

Yeha got mixed up cause somebody just asked me about it
shy.gif

And I hadn't said nothing wrong about the AK . I just told the one that posted prior to me that support isn't a point in favor of the Cyclods as AK support is very good as well .

BTW I currently use AK rpg

gratefulbuddy

amateur lunatic
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I own both carts. For a kid, I say Cyclo. Its much more straight forward. The file handling abilities of the RPG might prove problematic for a child(ie-deleting files.) Cheats are also more difficult to set up on the RPG.

Grimalkin

Waaaaaaaah!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'd say CycloDS. Since it's for kids, they'd have less problems running it. As for the DSTT, I wouldn't recommend it for kids. Sometimes it has it's own "features" and by "features" I mean bugs. Also, it's the cheapest feeling flashcart I own, like if I stare at it too hard, it'll shatter.

I still like my DSTT, but my CycloDS is much better. MUCH better.

And this is a debate between getting a AK or Cyclo quit throwing in other carts.

T$unami

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok thank you all for your coments/information. It looks like I'll be ording the cyclo very shortly.

cheers again
smile.gif

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I am guessing your kids aren't programmers? Then for just casual kid gamers then cyclos are a bit unnecessary. A $20 DSTT would do just fine but definitely not the AKRPG then. AK is a great cart and all but you need to be a programmer to get the most out of it.

DaMummy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ya i also own an acekard and would chose it again over the cyclods which is definetly a close 2nd, but i see no need for you to buy a kid a cyclo or an acekard, the dstt is more than fine for a kid that just wants to play games with 100% compatibility

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • A @ anotherthing:
    Online was free on the 3DS as well, and it worked well.
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I can't help but think nintendo switch online is the reason we did not get a gameboy/n64/gamecube
    mini classic edition
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, i think it would have been impossible to see anything in a gameboy mini
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    well I meant that as a figure of speech
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    they could just rerelease a modern gameboy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    like the pocket analogue
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    but nintendo licensed
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    dammit that thread got moved from offtopic to edge, well since that happened
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, atleast it's still avaliable
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yes but it wasn't meant to be a comedy thread
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and edge of the forum is mostly comedy and games
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so I don't get why it got moved at all
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, mods are probably hating you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    on most sites mods hated me, sooner or later, but usually over time I get either banned or the mods get used to me
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    sometimes to the point of thanking me for my quick actions etc against spam and other stuff, but yea...its either they come to respect me or outright hate me
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If it's not game related, it will be moved to the Egde of the forum. Mods have moved a few of my threads also.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, it was in the off topic chat forum
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Well atleast they didn't delete it completely.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    hmm
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    uoiea
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    huh?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Aeiou backwards
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Aeiou backwards