• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Best Football Fake EVER

Blood Fetish

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This seems like an abuse of the rules. Exploiting a technical loophole, because they are too afraid of matching skill against the other team. The coach should be fired for teaching this "lesson" to his team.

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
Blood Fetish said:
This seems like an abuse of the rules. Exploiting a technical loophole, because they are too afraid of matching skill against the other team. The coach should be fired for teaching this "lesson" to his team.
Since when was there a rule that says teams can't get creative with their plays?

Sometimes you've got to mix things up a bit, and do something out of the blue so that both the crowd will get into it, and you'll throw the opposing team off. It's both creative and effective, and in no way that they're afraid to fight against the other team. What should be the blame is that the team on defense has a lack of any sense to get the quarterback after he gets the ball. Play on whenever the QB touches the ball; it's that simple.

Blood Fetish

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
monkat said:
Isn't that the point of rules in a game?

Don't let them restrict you, take advantage of them.

Also, shutup.
Everyone (including the referee) thought the play was dead, and they continued on a technicality. Who cares about the spirit of the rules? You would make an awesome lawyer.

Also, have a nice day.

DeviousTom

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Blood Fetish said:
monkat said:
Isn't that the point of rules in a game?

Don't let them restrict you, take advantage of them.

Also, shutup.
Everyone (including the referee) thought the play was dead, and they continued on a technicality. Who cares about the spirit of the rules? You would make an awesome lawyer.

Also, have a nice day.

Isn't the play dead once the ref blows his whistle? I don't play football, but for any sport with a ref, the play is dead only when the ref blows his whistle (or so I think). No whistle, so I don't think the team broke any rules (from the ref's POV atleast).

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
Blood Fetish said:
You would make an awesome lawyer.
144702_OBJECTION.gif

Flattery will get you nowhere, thus nullifying your statement!

Also, sarcasm is not ever appreciated under any circumstances on this forum.

...unless I do it

Blood Fetish

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The field judge (seen in the video casually walking forward) clearly thought the play was dead, even though it had not been called. You are correct, along with everyone else, that they did not break any rules. They just sort of bent them technically to their favor. These are the kind of plays that end up getting rules made specifically for them. If you aren't facing an opponent who is ready to counter you then it is not a sport in my book. "Fair" or not.

mechadylan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ACDCGAMER said:
Holy crap. The Rams better check this out.
I'd love to see ANY quarterback in the NFL get creamed while trying to pull of the ol' "It's the wrong ball, coach" play!

pocchama1996

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If only sports were about smarts and finding ways to trip up your opponents like this play does instead of playing on brute strength. Then I might actually enjoy playing and watching them instead of being able to predict every highlight of the game.

mechadylan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sefi said:
Creative and sneaky, but I'd rather see a trick play that involves actual talent.
Aww, c'mon. The quarterback is the only "actor" here as he is the one that "sold" the play. The offensive line never flinched and performed that snap like any other play; there's the talent part (a missed assignment there would have resulted in an "offsides" call.) True it wasn't as "flashy" as a double-end-around, but there is definitely a commitment to protocol on behalf of the offensive line that in my opinion is a collaboration of talents.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs