Best flavor of Mountain Dew?

CeeDee

fuckin dork
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Crucial question right here - they got a fucking billion of them, every time I go to the store there's two more of em, I think they reproduce like a cancer.

Anyways, which one's the best?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The OG can't be beat, but Adrenaline is also quite nice and unusual. Not your average Mountain Dew, but if you like the taste of ginseng root, you might want to try it.

Edit: Nevermind, you can't try it, it's been discontinued. F. :(

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mango Heat was the best but since it's discontinued I'll go with LiveWire.

Edit: Some upcoming flavor info.

Mountain Dew Baja Punch (tropical punch) & Mountain Dew Baja Flash (pineapple/coconut) dew flavors scheduled to release in June of 2021 to coincide with the 100 Days of Baja promotion.

Mountain Dew Snap'd: A gingerbread dew flavor scheduled to release sometime during the holiday season of 2021.

Mountain Dew Riddlers Brew: A mystery flavored dew releasing to coincide with the upcoming movie The Batman. With the delay of the movie, it is currently unknown when this flavor will release.

Pokepicker

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Mountain Dew Throwback. It was made with real sugar, and not the gross HFCS (High Fructose Corn Syrup) that one usually finds in sodas in the US. I believe the "Throwback" might only have been a limited time thing, as I couldn't find it in any shelves when I returned to the US a couple years later.

I remember stopping at some Mexican stall somewhere in the US. Their Mexican Coca-Cola uses sugar instead of HFCS, and the taste is not even comparable. Now I might be spoiled, coming from a country that doesn't use HFCS as a sweetener.

My girlfriend at the time, who was a big time "Coke" addict gave up drinking Coca-Cola while in the US. She was thrilled when we found the Mexican coke with real sugar in it.

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
To the guy above me, throwback appears to still be around. At least I saw some at HEB.

I hate Mt Dew, but the Baja Blast one is at least nice on a really hot summer day when you've made the ill fated decision to eat at Taco bell.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pitch Black 2 was the absolute best. But that was only around one Halloween season, back in 2005 I believe. The original Pitch Black is great too, but that sour version of Pitch Black 2 could never be beat. I was so happy when Pitch Black became a permanent flavor, and then really bummed to see it end up being removed from the permanent roster like 2 years later.

Other favorites are also no longer around: Typhoon was amazing, and it narrowly lost out to White Out to be the next permanent flavor at the time, like as I recall it was incredibly close. White Out is fine, like a Mountain Dew caffeinated version of Fresca, but Typhoon was a brilliant tropical punch, that ranks among the best flavors. I believe I read it will be coming back for a limited time at some point, so I'm excited if that's the case. And then there is Sangria Blast, Taco Bell briefly had a second flavor to compliment Baja Blast a few years back, and it was even put in bottles for a summer, but then poof, it's completely disappeared, which is a shame, cuz it was a good tart, pomegranate flavor; which I wouldn't think would be something I'd be clamoring for, but damn it worked, and I loved it.

Oh and a new yearly favorite has become Liberty Brew, that better be back again this summer, that flavor is addictive as shit lol.

In terms of what is around today permanently that is my favorite, then it's Livewire. By far the best orange soda there has ever been, do not try to convince me otherwise. I also really like Voltage, but that's the one Mountain Dew flavor that I can only have in small doses, for some reason that flavor in particular has a knack for causing me gut-rot, and I'm just never in the mood for dealing with that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @Sicklyboy I was reading your post on the lgbtq batman