Best flashing hardware for a fat DS

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by FullgoreEXE, Mar 10, 2007.

1. FullgoreEXE
    OP

FullgoreEXE GBAtemp Regular

Jun 22, 2003
    Canada
    Well, I'm wanting to get a flash cart for the DS (I have a EZFA 256mb for the GBA), and it's time I get something for my DS.. However, as much as I look, I keep finding things for DS Lite. Does anyone know what the best choices are for the old brick DS? Thanks a bunch.

2. Sinkhead

Sinkhead yay p1ngpong.

Former Staff
    Nov 22, 2006
    Across the pond
    I would go with an R4. They're great. Read my review here

- Sam

3. beverlyhills9021

beverlyhills9021 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 6, 2007
    Micronesia, Federated States of
    Ditto.
    I got a few slot 1 linkers. Both R4DS or M3 simply (same stuff different brand) work nicely (and are cheap).
    Don't forget to get yourself a good ol' made in japan micro sd and you're set.

4. FullgoreEXE
    OP

Jun 22, 2003
    Canada
    I don't really understand... You need a R4 + something to go into the GBA slot? Or do you only need the R4?

EDIT: Like, can I start flashing games onto my R4 after buying an R4, or would I need some other stuff? Because in your video review, you mention some supercard thing in your GBA slot so... It'd suck having to dish out some more money.

Also, something I forgot to ask... Do flashed games (on the R4) work fine online?

5. 4saken

4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Nov 28, 2006
    By flashed games you mean just games running on the R4 right?
    Yes they should all work online.

6. FullgoreEXE
    OP

Jun 22, 2003
    Canada
    Yeah, like... Do I need anything in the GBA slot? Or can I just flash something to the R4, pop it into my DS, and start playing the game that I just flashed onto the R4?

7. HUmar104

HUmar104 Member

Newcomer
    May 16, 2006
    United States
    nothing in the GBA slot.

8. 4saken

4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Nov 28, 2006
    I think you're a bit messed up with the "flashing" concept. You don't need to flash anything. It's drag and drop onto the card.

9. FullgoreEXE
    OP

Jun 22, 2003
    Canada
    Yeah, sorry.. I'm used to my EZFA for GBA.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice