R4i GOLD RTS is about $17USD last I checked. The TT is $7 and is SDHC compatible. Almost anything will work on a CFW 3DS really. You can use an AR technically. I recommend you think of cost, NO time bomb, power consumption, compatibility
and make sure you get one that is SDHC and NTR Boot compliant
just in case. There is a ton of new +NTR cards that will probably work well. The card I suggested is one I own and it works very well. Remember having something in the slot can drain your battery even if you are not using it. Extra processors in the cartridge and such. The R4i GOLD RTS has not caused any noticeable drain. If power consumption isn't an issue or cost then maybe a DSTWO because the extra processors make for some decent emulators. If super cheap is better, the old R4 works just fine too but it is missing ll the bells and whistles and no SDHC, NTR.
So to revise my recommendation, (I like lists)
- R4i GOLD RTS ($17) - Still my number 1 because , to me it's the best all around. Low power, SDHC, Real time saves, NTR boot compatible but must be flashed.
- One of the new NTR cards - ($$$??) These have NTR boot preflashed and are SDHC compliant. Don't know about Power, cheats, etc. etc., but if you are hacking lots of consoles this might be an option you should consider.
- DSTT ($7)- The DS Top Toy is SDHC compatible,is white with a side loading SD (At least mine is) so in the slot it look like a regular cartridge. And its low power. No fancy In game menu, Real Time Save or anything.
- DS TWO ($40+) - The Cadillac, it's got some battery drain and a hefty price but it's the most full featured of the old generation DS flash carts. Extra CPU help emulators run very smoothly(mostly)
- R4DS ($4) - The original R4, no SDHC no Cheats,RTS,In-Game menu or anything else. But it's super cheap.
- Sky3DS+ ($90?) - This cart will play NDS and 3DS games on a stock system. If you got this you could utilize space on an SD to store more 3DS games as well as NDS games
For my money, I like the R4i GOLD RTS. It served me well. Or you could get a Gateway... LOL no don't do that.
I don't want to flash it or anything, just add roms, plug it in, and play. So the R4i Gold basically?
(R4i Gold) is a good choice. r4isdhc.com.cn
is a good cheap option. Stay away from r4isdhc.com and r4i-sdhc.com carts.
Those are both great choices. A lot of carts will be named similarly and have time bombs so you have to watch out.. There was one on the NDS-CARDS.COM (GBAtemp sponsor) named R4i GOLD RTS but it seems those are no longer there, shit. There is the plus version squall linked, those are both great carts. I also like [URL=http://www.nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=157]DSTT
[/URL] for bare bones. CHEAP. Mine is a side loading one, weird. i like that about it a lot.