Hardware Best flashcart that runs Sakura still...?

Saja

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi. I just got back into the homebrew/flash scene with ds' and I had some questions.

I have a M3DS Real that I bought in Japan. I've put a compatible version of Sakura and puzzle games on there for my girlfriend.

I started playing Rhythm Heaven and I got hooked. Now I am considering buying a new flashcart.

I have a ds lite.

Would I be right in assuming that the top slot 1 devices would be m3 ds real and m3i zero?

Here are some of my requirements:

I don't need/or will buy a dsi so I don't care if its not compatible with dsi.
I definitely want SAKURA compatiblity.
I really don't use my DS for music or video or even homebrew for that matter.

So, the most bang for buck slot 1 device that is compatible with Sakura. Suggestions please.

Oh yeah,

I heard about the SCDSTwo - is that worth getting?
Also, can you please tell me the advantages of dual booting.

Thank you all very much.

This forum is great and the users rock!

dartdude6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Saja said:
Hi. I just got back into the homebrew/flash scene with ds' and I had some questions.

I have a M3DS Real that I bought in Japan. I've put a compatible version of Sakura and puzzle games on there for my girlfriend.

I started playing Rhythm Heaven and I got hooked. Now I am considering buying a new flashcart.

I have a ds lite.

Would I be right in assuming that the top slot 1 devices would be m3 ds real and m3i zero?

Here are some of my requirements:

I don't need/or will buy a dsi so I don't care if its not compatible with dsi.
I definitely want SAKURA compatiblity.
I really don't use my DS for music or video or even homebrew for that matter.

So, the most bang for buck slot 1 device that is compatible with Sakura. Suggestions please.

Oh yeah,

I heard about the SCDSTwo - is that worth getting?
Also, can you please tell me the advantages of dual booting.

Thank you all very much.

This forum is great and the users rock!
What's the point of using Sakura if you aren't using your DS for Media? You might as well get an Acekard 2i. If you NEED Sakura for some unknown reason though, you can't go wrong with the M3i Zero.

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wrong section,Sakura is only for M3iZero,M3 REAL,and iTouch(plus Sakura cart for jap.) also M3 Simply ain't a real M3 cart,its an R4 clone

Saja

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the only upside of m3i zero over the m3 ds real is that it is compatible with DSi?

btw: I want sakura mainly for UI.

But YES, if i could play gba games, that would be a plus.

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Then get the M3 real + GBA expansion bundle.

Crazy question -- as Sakura works only on M3 -- your choices are limited to just M3 Real or M3iZero

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So why did you post this twice? They were both in the wrong section I might add.

QUOTE said:
As far as I know the M3 DS Real/M3iZero are the only flash cards that can run Sakura to its full capacity. I am not for sure though.

SCDSTwo will be one of the first Flash Cards that have extra stuff (ram, processors, etc.), and will be able to emulate GBA games(and do other stuff). Currently the only other card that is able to do that is the iPlayer (and the iPlayer does not have commercial Rom loading).

Also forgot to mention that this is in the wrong section, so get a mod to move it (unless it gets moved before hand).
^That is what I said in your other topic.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: @Xdqwerty, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! is the Japanese version of the game, different... +1