best flashcart for DS?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by boco77, Jul 8, 2008.

1. boco77
    OP

boco77 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 17, 2008
    Right now I have a m3 ds Simply flashcart its ok but doesnt support micro sd cards larger than 2gb. I want one that supports 8gb or more. I heard the Cyclo DS is good is it worth getting? I'm not interested in listening to music or video with it. Whats generally regarded as the best one? I like Cyclo as it seems very easy to use and supports 32gb cards.
    The Edge ds card also looks good too?

2. krazykirk

krazykirk GBAtemp Fan

Jul 17, 2007
    Australia
    You're going to get flamed.

But anyway, a cyclo will be fine. It's really good.

But if you're not going to use the other features, an Acekard2 will do the job perfectly well with a 8gb MicroSDHC card.

3. sidneyyoung

sidneyyoung GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 29, 2006
    Bangladesh
    I'm gonna change my tune from my usual reccomendation of the scds-1 and reccomend the cyclo if you can get it cheap.

I'm fed up with SC not changing the sav file naming convention, it really is a joke now. Though it doesn't stop any functionality it's still a pain in the arse to deal with.

4. boco77
    OP

boco77 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 17, 2008
    I want to use a 16gb card on it.

5. Bri

Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 25, 2007
    United States
    I certainly wouldn't recommend an Acekard 2 if you need it right away. It's a great cart, but with the hardware problems the latest batches have been having, I'd wait until they've clearly fixed the problem before I'd recommend anyone buying one.

-Bri

6. gratefulbuddy

gratefulbuddy amateur lunatic

Apr 4, 2007
    United States
    on the wheel
    Where are you gonna get it?

7. Kazumastars

Kazumastars Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 2, 2008
    United States
    Get a DSTT. Cheap, plays games perfectly, no extra menu for media. It supports up to 4 terabyte cards(which probably will never be created for another few years)

8. Bri

Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 25, 2007
    United States
    The CycloDS is a better cart than the DSTT, and is definitely worth the extra features and better menu considering the small difference in price at dealextreme.com.

-Bri

9. Sephi

Sephi fool

Jan 21, 2008
    United States
    Rhode Island
    CycloDS Evo is totally worth the extra $~15.00. If you can afford it, get it. Otherwise a SCDS1 or EDGE.

10. Nekoblade

Nekoblade Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 26, 2002
    Canada
    Canada
    CycloDS

It's the only cart worth using in my opinion

11. boco77
    OP

boco77 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 17, 2008
    Just ordered the cyclo ds with a 8gb micro sd card. Thanks for the advice.

12. Sephi

Sephi fool

Jan 21, 2008
    United States
    Rhode Island
    Good Buy, I'm hoping to get an 8GB MicroSDHC card and a CycloDS some time too.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice