Hacking Best Flash Carts for 7 and 5 year olds

mercm3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My boys are graduating from GBA SP to DS Lites this weekend. I was very interested in get them both Flash Carts. It would be a slot1 and slot2 solution. Main use of the DS Lites would be DS and GBA games. Reading over these forums have been very helpful. I have slowly narrowed my choices to

CycloDS with the 3in1
EZ-Flash V bundle with 3in1
or
the M3 Perfect bundle pack

all the above carts seem to be well received.

I thought I would ask regarding ease of use for each cart. With a 7 and 5 year old being the main users I was wondering if ppl had any sort insight with the above carts for both Slot1 and slot2 use. Also save game reliability is very important my boys get all upset when they lose saved games

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Any of those carts should be fine, the interfaces for all slot 1 flash carts are fairly simple. You just click on games then select the game from the list.
The minor differences between the carts you list aren't exactly going to be important to a 5 and a 7 year old, they will just want to play games, which all you listed do fine.

The save game systems for all carts should function exactly like a regular DS game, the only reliability issue is if you accidently delete the save games when changing games on the memory cards on your PC and that's pretty hard to do... Just make sure you make a backup of all your kids save games every now and then, then worst case they will only lose a little progress.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The DSTT is a little easier to use than most (and a little cheaper too) since all your games are always presented in a list (there is no navigating folders).

-Bri

Chotaz

I'm back! :D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I suggest the CycloDs, get an old firmware that has good compatibility and doesnt have thosefeatures that might get to complicated, becase its interface is awsomely simple
smile.gif

DarkAura

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
CycloDS and 3-in-1. But it's kinda expensive to buy two of each, so just be ready to pay a bit more. And I'm so happy to say, finally someone who is asking for help that has actually done research beforehand. Some people are so lazy and expect people to do stuff for them. Thank you.

mercm3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heran Bago said:
Do not start teaching kids so young to steal.
frown.gif

You can raise your kids how you want though man.
wink.gif

Not teaching to steal, but lets just say buying 2 of everything sucks!!!!

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
mercm3 said:
Heran Bago said:
Do not start teaching kids so young to steal.
frown.gif

You can raise your kids how you want though man.
wink.gif

Not teaching to steal, but lets just say buying 2 of everything sucks!!!!
Good point.

Also, I'll recommend DSTT, and EDGE. They're pretty easy, and can do alot.

Cyclo is great, but buying DSTT, or EDGE can save you some money.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
By the time a 5 year old is old enough to use the extra features, there will probably be a better cart than the CycloDS (or at the very least the CycloDS will lower in price). I don't think I'd waste my money on features they won't use. Also, the extra features add unnecessary complexity to the menu. For kids, I would think you'd want something fast, extremely easy to use, and cheap. The DSTT isn't the best cart out there but it runs games and homebrew nicely and it's probably the fastest, easiest to use, and cheapest cart.

-Bri

diglett

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Your choices are good, but I would also mention the N-Card family. Without the cost of external memory, they're among the cheapest of slot-1 cards and you don't have to worry about the microsd getting lost.

Also, the CycloDS has less fiddling around than some other carts. Usability is near flawless.

Soultaker52

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally, I have a CycloDS. However, like whoever said it, I don't think it'd be really a good idea for a 5 or 7 year old. I like it because of the advanced features basically. I upgraded from a R4, which worked practically flawlessly for the time that I had it. They should be back in stock in stores now too, though I'm not sure on the price anymore. I saw one poster mention the Ncard. I think that would be a good idea for smaller children based on the fact that it doesn't have microSD, less to lose, less to break. They cost about the same as other cards with microSD too. I'd imagine that you'd be the one loading all the games and such on there, so I don't see any problem with something like that. If you don't know, www.dealextreme.com is a great place to nab some cheap. Not advertising, just helping.

Ferrariman

Hip-Flop and cRap
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
R4 Has a higher price than most other flashcarts, and the Cyclo has too many features that you wont use so go with the DSTT.

Is the AceKard2 Easy to use?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse