Hacking Best Flash Cart?

HeyYoWL

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys, I've been putting off getting one of these for almost a year, but now I've finally decided to go for it. I haven't kept up with any new carts lately, so I'll get to the point. What's the best card that loads both DS and GBA ROMs? Also, what's the best that loads only DS games? I was looking at the M3 Perfect Lite a while back for DS and GBA, & the R4 or M3 Simply for pure DS. Any suggestions?

paul1991

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
N-Card or clone for slot 1 is best.\
The Ncard community is helpful and fun to post with, while the R4 is for noobs that seem to think the R4 can run GBA roms and they just need to post a new topic asking where they EMUs can be found just in case.

Your choice though.
I have both and like my Ncard more.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The only one on the market; the EZ Flash 3in1 Expansion. There are others that only have certain functions, such as the eWin GBA expansion (just RAM and GBA), or the various ones that can be purchased with the M3/G6 Real.

HeyYoWL

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Great, thanks for the info!
biggrin.gif
Now only question is, should I go for CycloDS or Super Card One v3? CycloDS is out of stock everywhere and I'd have to wait longer. I also read from reviews the chip is stuck on the label or something. Meanwhile SC seems to have no problems and it has SDHC support too so performance might be better? They both cost the same anyways.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great, thanks for the info!
biggrin.gif
 Now only question is, should I go for CycloDS or Super Card One v3? CycloDS is out of stock everywhere and I'd have to wait longer. I also read from reviews the chip is stuck on the label or something. Meanwhile SC seems to have no problems and it has SDHC support too so performance might be better? They both cost the same anyways.
Both the SCDS One and the CycloDS have SDHC support.

And all that does is add support for MicroSDHC cards, so if you don't have one it won't do much for you.

HeyYoWL

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hmm.. well is there any reason to choose CycloDS over Super Card One or vice-versa? Only thing I'm noticing is that (correct me if I'm wrong) CycloDS only supports GBA ROMs through CycloDS Micro or CycloDS Mini, while Super Card One you can use any Slot-2 loading device?

hanman

I'm a pretty lucky guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
M3 perfect, or G6 flash for DS & GBA games. M3 Real or G6 Real for DS only. of course, you could always add a EZ-Flash 3-in-1 to the Slot 1 cards for GBA. basically, if you want removable media, go with the M3. if you want built in media, go with the G6.

EDIT: there are a lot of R4 fanboys around here. honestly, it's a great card, too (i used to have an M3 Simply, the same thing). i just think the M3/G6 Real is a better way to go. i'm also curious to see what the R.P.G. can do if the open source developers take to it.

HeyYoWL

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hmm.. really? For ANY slot-2 device? I'm thinking AceKard might be best for me then. I didn't know the new one was a lot better than the old one which I heard nothing but bad things about. And it'd save me the trouble of having to buy a new memory card (I have enough of those already). Is there anyone who can confirm for sure though that the AceKard RPG can boot slot-2 GBA ROMs?

HeyYoWL

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well I went ahead and got the AceKard RPG. I don't mind the extra cost because to buy a 1GB card + the AceKard RPG it'll already cost that much already. So I might as well get this and it already has 1GB built in. It's actually setting me back about $108 USD with shipipng + EZ Flash V 3-in-1. I got a job, I can easily make $300+ on a weekend shift, it's no big loss to me.
smile.gif
Anyways, thanks for all the help guys, I really appreciate it!

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
Well I went ahead and got the AceKard RPG. I don't mind the extra cost because to buy a 1GB card + the AceKard RPG it'll already cost that much already. So I might as well get this and it already has 1GB built in. It's actually setting me back about $108 USD with shipipng + EZ Flash V 3-in-1. I got a job, I can easily make $300+ on a weekend shift, it's no big loss to me.
smile.gif
 Anyways, thanks for all the help guys, I really appreciate it!

congrats,
would u tell me why'd u choose this card over R4 or Cyclo?
tia.

HeyYoWL

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
congrats,
would u tell me why'd u choose this card over R4 or Cyclo?
tia.

Well I was never looking at R4 to begin with right now. I was looking at initiall the SuperCard One v3 and the CycloDS. Both work using drag and drop right out of the box, and from what I read of each have good features all around. If I had bought one last year I might have chosen the R4. However I went with the AceKard mainly because of the open source, 100% compatibility with games, built in 1GB storage (saves me the trouble of getting another memeory card), ability to transfer between NAND and MicroSD, an decent download play & homebrew support. The open source part really is the clincher though, since there's so much that could possibly be released for it. PSP has lots of custom firmwares that add-on functionality, and it would be interesting to see what people can do when it's open source to begin with!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: