Best Flash Cart With 2Gig Sd Card

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by rsx19, Jun 5, 2007.

1. rsx19
    OP

rsx19 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 11, 2007
    United States
    um i got the sandisk 2gig made in taiwon and i was ondering which flachcart would be the best to use on it

cause i heard thats the m3/rd ds crash since its so slow

and i heard tha tthe ezflash 1in 3 just doesnt run POR

help?

2. ZeWarriorReturnz

ZeWarriorReturnz Banned

Banned
    May 10, 2007
    United States
    What the hell? EZ Flash 1 in 3? And M3 Simply/R4DS use MicroSD cards..?

3. rsx19
    OP

rsx19 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 11, 2007
    United States
    they all do

so some one help me

i heard the m3/r4 ds crash with 2 gig

and that the ez flash 3 in 1 just doesnt run POR

help >.

4. 4saken

4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Nov 28, 2006
    Err.. The EZ Flash 3in1 is a separate slot 2 card used only for single GBA games, RAM and rumble. So obviously it cannot run POR.

If you're talking about the EZFlash V (slot1) it would be an okay choice since the hybrid patcher would allow you to play games you normally couldn't (eg. Castlevania: POR)

The R4 and M3 are alright though. If you really need to play Castlevania you may have to purchase it if you buy an R4. The R4/M3S are simple to use, but the EZV isn't exactly hard to use either (requires a savelist - this is probably the most irritating thing about it)

EDIT: I'm quite sure about the EZV being able to run Castlevania: POR with a Sandisk 2GB microSD and hybrid mode - but I don't see why it wouldn't.

5. FifthE1ement

FifthE1ement GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 19, 2006
    United States
    4saken is right or he is thinking of the EZV bundle? But the 3-IN1 is a slot 2 solution which requires a slot 1 or bundle.

I suggest the R4/M3 DS and/or spend about 10 bucks more and get an N-Card clone which runs all games perfectly with no fuss. I especially suggest that route if you are computer illiterate. This is not a put down but rather a helpful bit of advice to save you some trouble.

And welcome to the DS homebrew scene!

FfithE1ement [​IMG]

6. 4saken

Nov 28, 2006
    Well since he already has the 2GB card, he shouldn't need to spend any more money on an N-card (though he should have gotten a 2GB n-card in the first place if he wanted 100% compatibility).

The R4/M3S can use Sandisk 2GB cards, but you may suffer longer loading times (usually a negligible difference) and the inability to play the new Castlevania without freezing.

However I am quite sure you can patch the rom for EZ-V (the slot 1 card) using the hybrid patcher and make it run without crashing on most slower cards.

7. rsx19
    OP

rsx19 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 11, 2007
    United States
    SanDisk 2GB (Taiwan) 1.03 & Fat16 freezes at times during play

i dont want this to happen

i dont like the 3 in 1 since its side loaded and not spring loaded

man i told my dad to get trancend cards >.

8. 4saken

Nov 28, 2006
    The EZ 3 in 1 is not microSD loaded. You're confusing it with either the EZ-V slot 1 card, or the EZ-V bundle.

Transcend cards aren't that great either. If you didn't want it to happen with 2GB cards you should have gotten an N-card.

9. TLSpartan

TLSpartan Kills threads

Oct 20, 2006
    Or maybe the EZF4 Lite series? [​IMG]

10. 4saken

Nov 28, 2006
    Or that, but most likely he's thinking that the 3in1 means the slot1 card with the slot 2 expansion.

11. rsx19
    OP

rsx19 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 11, 2007
    United States
    zzz

so what do i get then happy nothing confusing

12. thegame07

thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 16, 2006
  13. rsx19
    OP

rsx19 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 11, 2007
    United States
    i already got my micro sd's

14. 4saken

Nov 28, 2006
    Your posts are.. cryptic.

Okay. Just get the R4 and deal with Castlevania: POR and Tony Hawk stuffing up, OR get an EZ-V Slot 1 (and the 3in1 expansion if you want to play GBA/use browser/have rumble) and bear with the side loading slot (which some think is a good thing actually).

15. rsx19
    OP

rsx19 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 11, 2007
    United States
    so it wont freeze up cause thats whats ive been hearing from the sandisk 2 gig taiwan

16. 4saken

Nov 28, 2006
    It will freeze often on the R4/M3 Simply (I've heard reports of it not freezing - but it's very unlikely). It has a reduced chance of freezing on the EzFlash-V through the use of the hybrid patcher

17. rsx19
    OP

rsx19 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 11, 2007
    United States
    k that helps alot

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice