Best firmware for M3-CF

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by rhfb, Sep 3, 2006.

Sep 3, 2006

Best firmware for M3-CF by rhfb at 5:21 AM (1,098 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. rhfb
    OP

Newcomer rhfb Advanced Member

United States
    Havn't updated my firmware since I recieved my M3 a few months ago. Is the most recent firmware the best? Or are there other home-made/modded firmwares to use. What about shell/ui's??

Thanks [​IMG]

2. kobewan

Member kobewan GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Yes, the most recent firmware is most definitely the best. It has (by far) the highest compatibility for DS games, which is pretty much the main reason for the firmware. I do not know of any home-made/modded firmwares. This is probably because there isn't really any reason to mod the firmware, it gets the job done as it is.

Skins can be found at the M3 forums.

The best ones (in my opinion) are the ones made by GCTonyHawk7. You can look through all threads on the m3 forums to try to find them, or you can access them all (but without a proper interface for browsing) at his webpage. His best ones are Vista 2.0 and PSP 1.1.

Skins can also be found at M3 Skinners, but it isn't very widely used or have many features yet.

3. rhfb
    OP

United States
    Thanks for the skin links, lots of good info there. Also, is there any other place to download e21(or whatever the latest version is). The offical M3 site is slow as syurp.

4. TheVirus

Member TheVirus GBAtemp Fan

Uganda
    www.maxconsole.net has all of the firmware versions. 26A for the M3 is the latest.

5. kobewan

Member kobewan GBAtemp Regular

United States
  6. rhfb
    OP

United States
    One more quick question before I start all this. I have a few saved games that I will want to keep, but I will be changing the folder setup on the newly formated card, and might rename the game files. Will I have to start over without those saves, or just change the name and put them in the correct folder?

Thanks.

7. wabo

Member wabo GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    Once you have written back your games onto your CF card. Double click the game from within gamemanager, it will open the M3 save manager, just push write and browse to your desired save file (those you backed up earlier).