Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like FF3 (not 6, but the "Japanese" 3) the most mainly because of the job system. Also, it was the FF game that I really remotely enjoyed, and it sort of led me to RPGs in general.

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ffx best storyline ever and I loved the grid system! It's actually my most favourite game ever.

I love blitzball aswell! rpg and a football(soccer) type game mixed in, yes please!

I have a ff10 save with almost 2k hours played.

PeregrinFig

A miserable little pile of secrets
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
thegame07 said:
ffx best storyline ever and I loved the grid system! It's actually my most favourite game ever.

I love blitzball aswell! rpg and a football(soccer) type game mixed in, yes please!

That's...ridiculous. That'd be like playing for 3 straight months without ever setting down the controller. The highest I ever got the clock on any game was 200 hours on Pokemon Sapphire, which I played obsessively when I was younger.

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
PeregrinFig said:
thegame07 said:

That's...ridiculous. That'd be like playing for 3 straight months without ever setting down the controller. The highest I ever got the clock on any game was 200 hours on Pokemon Sapphire, which I played obsessively when I was younger.

I used to play it everyday... and well I have plenty of spare time :"

You should see the playtime I have racked up on world of warcraft....
cry.gif

PeregrinFig

A miserable little pile of secrets
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Still, though, it's an RPG. What can you possibly do to rack up that much time? I've rarely spent more than 40 hours on an RPG. I spent 60 on FFTA2, because it has almost 500 quests to do. Usually, unless you just wander around aimlessly or try to grind to level 99, after you beat an RPG there's little else to do.

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
PeregrinFig said:
Still, though, it's an RPG. What can you possibly do to rack up that much time? I've rarely spent more than 40 hours on an RPG. I spent 60 on FFTA2, because it has almost 500 quests to do. Usually, unless you just wander around aimlessly or try to grind to level 99, after you beat an RPG there's little else to do.

I kept my save just before the last boss. I like grinding in ff10 and I filled the advanced grid on all characters
smile.gif
Also blitzball never ends. Alot of people don't play blitzball much but it's a great game on it's own. It's fun signing new players and managing your team aswell, as they gain exp.

Getting every card on ff8 is quite a challenge aswell, I would suggest everyone to try it sometime.

geminisama

Metsu
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Goli said:
What I mean is that they were there, just that they weren't your typical RPG town
tongue.gif
I don't get the linear complaints about FFXIII though, every FF game is linear, you just have the illusion it isn't.

Not just every Final Fantasy, almost all JRPGs are linear to a point. What sets FF13 apart, is that up until third disc, you are on a rail; no side quests, no wandering off the path, just "go north and beat the game." Final Fantasy 10, would probably be the second most linear, as up until the VERY end, you're on a path; but atleast it had conventional towns, and quests.

Maybe it's just me, but FF13 went overboard with the linearity, and it was a major put off for me. Not to mention the story, while somewhat creative, had the cookie cutter heroes ruining it. :/ It's the one game I've purchased this gen, that I wish I hadn't.

QUOTE(PeregrinFig @ Dec 13 2010, 09:52 AM) Still, though, it's an RPG. What can you possibly do to rack up that much time? I've rarely spent more than 40 hours on an RPG. I spent 60 on FFTA2, because it has almost 500 quests to do. Usually, unless you just wander around aimlessly or try to grind to level 99, after you beat an RPG there's little else to do.

I can actually see him reasonably racking up those hours. FFX had a rather robust meta-game, if you chose to engage in it. The monster hunting, to unlock the dozens of super hard bosses, took alot of crafting, sphere grid grinding, among other things. He also played Blitzball, and a full game can really eat time. 2K hours seems like a lot to me, but I can see someone easily bringing in several hundred.

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
thegame07 said:

Pic of hours played please. I've maxed out every character (erased every grid space and replaced them with +4 versions as well), weapon, cleaned out the entire arena several times, gathered tons of dupes, and played tons of blitzball, and that file is still only ~300 hours. I'm also fairly certain I've read the timer caps out at 999 hours.

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
injected11 said:
thegame07 said:

Pic of hours played please. I've maxed out every character (erased every grid space and replaced them with +4 versions as well), weapon, cleaned out the entire arena several times, gathered tons of dupes, and played tons of blitzball, and that file is still only ~300 hours. I'm also fairly certain I've read the timer caps out at 999 hours.

I'm afraid I'm not going up to the attic and digging out my ps2 just to prove a point. I don't actually care if you don't believe me. I don't know why you would think someone would lie about something like that. It's actually something I feel bad about. I spent that much time of my life playing a game, nothing to brag about it.

"played tons of blitzball" Well I played more.

Oh and yeah when you reach 999 hours your game cuts out and your ps2 asplodes! of course you can play on.

blackdragonbaham

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
my favorite ff game was and is still ffx
because of the thought out story, also the game combined a lot of moods, the presentation was brilliant, the whole setting was somehow authentic and satisfying. all in all a masterpiece

Waynes1987

Trophies
XP
Country
i chose ffvii not for its amazing storyline, nor for its charm. But because it was the first game i ever played from the series. So it has the Best tag. Though im a big ff fan so i love them all really.

Waynes1987

Trophies
XP
Country
Vigilante said:
Waynes1987 said:
i chose ffvii not for its amazing storyline, nor for its charm. But because it was the first game i ever played from the series. So it has the Best tag. Though im a big ff fan so i love them all really.
Best?FF7 had a somehow confusing story

Confusing?
Not really. Depends how you looked at it. It follows the same basic principles of the rest of the games, Just with a little box handed flare about it. I liked how the characters interacted with there square humpty ness, (thinking on Don LOL)

You know the series took a hit for me when you couldnt name the characters. and i loved ffx also, i just hated the fact i couldnt name my self after a character and escape from my real life, into a game trying to look real. :/

Least favourite one has to be FFx-2.

Vigilante

TempLurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Waynes1987 said:
Vigilante said:
Waynes1987 said:
Best?FF7 had a somehow confusing story

Confusing?
Not really. Depends how you looked at it. It follows the same basic principles of the rest of the games, Just with a little box handed flare about it. I liked how the characters interacted with there square humpty ness, (thinking on Don LOL)

You know the series took a hit for me when you couldnt name the characters. and i loved ffx also, i just hated the fact i couldnt name my self after a character and escape from my real life, into a game trying to look real. :/

Least favourite one has to be FFx-2.
Okay man

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Just 6 but dual band 6 lol