Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Aeladya

*mistressOFtheCLOW
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My favorites are IX, VI, and VIII. I really did not like VII, I couldn't even finish it. I loved IX because of all the great characters and the amazing character development. VI had awesome characters and a great story, it wasn't really as confusing as the others, Kefka succeeded in doing what he set out to do. VIII just had epic summons and facepalms. I did enjoy the story though. It was kinda confusing, but it was still a pretty good game, even though the junctioning system was kinda crappy. VII was entirely too confusing and it just wasn't as great as people made it out to be. I think it just had the hype thing down for the new graphics (which were not that impressive). I think I got to the part where they were on a boat or something before I gave up.

I have played XII and it wasn't as bad as people make it out to be. The plot is more understandable than most, it wasn't the greatest game, but it wasn't the worst, X-2 wins that, followed by the repetitiveness off Crystal Chronicles for the Gamecube.

mrgone

old man
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
FFV brought us the job system and was one of the first fan translations.
I hated FFVII+VIII because i did not like their style (too much tech and bad character design)
FFIX was awesome again
after that i stopped playing them because i did not have a ps2

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
FF XIII Pwns all, IV is good too...

XIII: because. Yeah I still have not cleared it and its hard since those fucking Behemoth kings pwns me so much....
frown.gif

geminisama

Metsu
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Final Fantasy 6 is one of my favorite old school rpgs.
Final Fantasy 8-9 have some of my favorite settings in the franchise.
Final Fantasy 10 had an awesome leveling system, and a pretty long "metagame."
Final Fantasy 12 had some awesome gameplay, as there was so much to do.
Final Fantasy Tactics is my favorite in the franchise.

Those are my thoughts on the, "best of Final Fantasy", but I can't choose just one.

I can, however, tell you my least favorite.
I found Final Fantasy 4 to just be terrible. I gave it a shot on GBA, PS1, and NDS; and I don't like it at all.
I found X-2 to be a serious let down, and tarnished my view on sequels for some time.
Final Fantasy 13 is terrible, imo. No towns, shallow predictable cookie cutter heroes, linear as hell. Serious let down, and I believe that may be one of my last console JRPGS. I just...don't care about console Squeenix titles now, but I still am looking forward to new SMT games.

SubliminalSegue

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
geminisama said:
Final Fantasy 13 is terrible, imo. No towns, shallow predictable cookie cutter heroes, linear as hell. Serious let down, and I believe that may be one of my last console JRPGS.

This. I HAAAAAAAAATED FF13. Yeah, sure I had a thing for Vanille, but the plot was so stupid and I didn't care about anyone's plight. It was just a game that was left on the work table for too long and lost sight of it's initial goal.

The last FF that I absolutely loved was FFX, anything after that was extraneous.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
SubliminalSegue said:
geminisama said:
Final Fantasy 13 is terrible, imo. No towns, shallow predictable cookie cutter heroes, linear as hell. Serious let down, and I believe that may be one of my last console JRPGS.

This. I HAAAAAAAAATED FF13. Yeah, sure I had a thing for Vanille, but the plot was so stupid and I didn't care about anyone's plight. It was just a game that was left on the work table for too long and lost sight of it's initial goal.

The last FF that I absolutely loved was FFX, anything after that was extraneous.
Strange considering all the similarities between FFX and XIII.
Technically, FFXIII did have towns anyways.

SubliminalSegue

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Goli said:
SubliminalSegue said:
geminisama said:

I know that. But the characters in FFX weren't so one-sided. They each had their own differences. FF13 was too preachy for me.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dammit, I'm going to have to say none simply for the fact I can't decide.

If IX had the world of X with the Blitzball game, and had the Triple Triad from VIII, and the class changing of X-2, then I would say IX.. but it doesn't...

Fuck.. hmm..I'm going to say X only for the reason that it's the one I'm remembering the best. I'd have to go back and play all the rest. But for me, when I picked up the PS2, X was that "HOLY SHIT" factor.

geminisama

Metsu
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Goli said:
SubliminalSegue said:
geminisama said:

"Towns", that were linear paths in the story. No shops, no quests, nothing but enemies; and that one part with the Chocobos. FF13 was playing a movie, not a game.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
geminisama said:
Goli said:
SubliminalSegue said:
geminisama said:

"Towns", that were linear paths in the story. No shops, no quests, nothing but enemies; and that one part with the Chocobos. FF13 was playing a movie, not a game.
What I mean is that they were there, just that they weren't your typical RPG town
tongue.gif
I don't get the linear complaints about FFXIII though, every FF game is linear, you just have the illusion it isn't.

Apex

Trophies
XP
Country
I didn't play XI, and IV was my first one, but VII is my favorite. I'm just disappointed that so many people think it makes them look cool to say they dislike a game simply because it's popular, VII is not popular for the same reason games such as Halo are, it's popular because when it came out, it was awe-inspiring, and even though the graphics, battle and stories have improved over time, VII still really had no flaws in the way of any of those, the only true flaw it did have, is that Square milked the ever-living hell out of it, to the point where it annoys people.

Looks at things now, the only popular reason to hate it back in the day, was because it's fan-base was ultra-annoying n00bs, that's not really the case anymore, now when it's mentioned there is about a 50:1 ratio of people claiming they hate it because of how dated or 'not that good', or the fan-base, but realistically, there isn't a reason anymore.

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Apex said:
I didn't play XI, and IV was my first one, but VII is my favorite. I'm just disappointed that so many people think it makes them look cool to say they dislike a game simply because it's popular, VII is not popular for the same reason games such as Halo are, it's popular because when it came out, it was awe-inspiring, and even though the graphics, battle and stories have improved over time, VII still really had no flaws in the way of any of those, the only true flaw it did have, is that Square milked the ever-living hell out of it, to the point where it annoys people.

Looks at things now, the only popular reason to hate it back in the day, was because it's fan-base was ultra-annoying n00bs, that's not really the case anymore, now when it's mentioned there is about a 50:1 ratio of people claiming they hate it because of how dated or 'not that good', or the fan-base, but realistically, there isn't a reason anymore.
3 people in the entire thread have said anything even remotely negative about FF7. Liking other games more =/= hate towards 7.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse