Best/Fastest/Value Slot 2 card for useing the DS browser

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Edwii, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Edwii
    OP

Member Edwii GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    So, i have a black ds lite, and i have a R4 deluxe i want to make use of the ds browser, and i want the best performance i can get, keeping in mind price value (not paying double for 10%-20% better)
    i want it reasonably flush, and uses memory cards: mini/micro sd
    and of course has onboard ram.

so please give me some suggestions, on what card i should shop for, and if u know a good place to buy it(i will buy used if any one wants to sell)
    also since i never have used the DS internet browser, i wouldn't mind hearing some input on how well it works. basically i want it so i can check my G-mail, Forums, maybe a lil ebay, (web browser msn?)

FYI: i have searched the forums and nothing really answers my specific question.

PLEASE HELP.

2. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    EZ 3 in 1

3. Edwii
    OP

Canada
    As far as i can tell it only has 2mb of ram right? dont most others have 32mb? (which is better?)

4. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom

they are 32mb or 256mbit Nor 2mbit 0.25mb Sram more than enough for browsing and gba game use [​IMG]

he browser isn't that great anyhow no sound no java [​IMG]

5. Edwii
    OP

Canada
    i hear what your saying, i have seen a few reviews of it now, over all yea its not ideal, and DUH! its not going to be as good as an actual computer, but the fact i can check my gmail smoothly enough is enough for me, and i bet i can shop craigslist just fine with how basic a web page it is,
    Why not just buy a Wifi phone or buy a 3g phone and pay for internet?
    -My current phone, tho older is as solid as ever, has a stand alone GPS i can use any time for free
    -and paying for even more internet that i can very easily live with out would bother me more that i would have a $60-$80 phone bill then i would enjoy having the feature.
    -i bought a brand new in the box DSL for $100cnd(thank you craigslist), not only will i have an internet option, i get a wack load of pretty dam fun games(i am just about giddy with this updated Chrono Trigger!), tho i admit i feel a lil awkward in a Starbucks playing on a game boy games when im 22yo lol... unless i had a girl friend playing them with me lol.

Any ways thanks for you help it seems like the EZ-flash 3in1 will do the trick, short of just googling around, where can i get a good deal on it and fast shipping (i live in BC, if its from the usa i ship to washington, but if there is a Canadian solution that might work better... maybe.

6. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    I'm just gonna point out that it doesn't really matter what type of slot-2 RAM you get in terms of performance. Whether you're using the official Opera browser, a slot-2 Supercard (known for its very slow RAM), or the 3in1 (known for its very fast RAM), the Opera browser functions pretty much exactly the same. It will only use 8 MB of slot-2 RAM no matter how much actually exists on the cartridge, and the speed of the CPU is more of a limiting factor than the speed of the RAM.

So your decision should be based more on ease of use and other functionality, and in this case the 3in1 is probably the best solution.

7. Edwii
    OP

Canada
    Ah thanks for clearing that up, i just wish i understood why these slot 2 cards are so rare, on my local craigslist there are none for sale, but there are infinity large amounts of R4 and DSTT sellers. which means i have to order it online then, any suggestions for fast good priced sellers?

8. zhuzhuchina

Member zhuzhuchina GBAtemp Advanced Fan

China
    if you are not interested in rumble , you can opt for ewin 2in1 gba exp pack too
    they are reliable, sold more than 200 and never returned one back

9. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    DealExtreme is very cheap, RealHotStuff is very fast and has unrivaled customer support. Take your pick.

(there are plenty of other good retailers out there as well, but those are the only two I have personal experience dealing with)