1. lemonmaster

OP lemonmaster GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I made a thread about thermal paste but I decided to make a 2nd thread about fan speed so I don't go off topic way too much or anything such.

If you have recommended fan speeds for this certain model please let me know.

2. gamba66

gamba66 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Gambia, The
    I have a FAT CECHA01 (made in japan, with preferred powersupply and fan), delidded it (both rsx and cell, thermalpaste=mx4) and run it over 2 years on about 34 Percent Fan Speed constantly (no fan curve, just constant 34 percent).

Now it is absoutely not quiet but it is tolerable and keeps the CPU and GPU on AVG during load under 66 Deg. for CPU and 52 for RSX.

I have spent countless hours playing this way and finished a ton of Playstation 3 and Playstation 2 games (since this is a backwards compatible model) and never had any problems with high temperatures or any signs of YLOD. Its a tank now.

I can only recommend keeping the fan constant. I read that a lot of the YLOD's are caused by the standard system fan curve where sony opted rather for lower noise than for lower temperatures to satisfy consumers.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - speed,