Best exhaust fan attachment to PS4 Slim?

Paulsar99

Trophies
XP
Country
Togo
None is better actually. Most of these console fans doesn't really do much to help or worse just blocks the hot air inside the ps4 from coming out thus making your console even more hotter. It's better to just maintain it by cleaning and applying thermal paste from time to time.

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i wouldnt recommend them for the same price you could buy some cheap watercooling parts and/or some "kryonaut extreme " thermal grease both options would do more than any of those third party cooling solutions

jjonesmnn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Aruba
So I noticed my PS4 Pro fans were having to ramp up a lot with a couple of games. I started to look into getting some supplemental fan cooling but in the end decided against it. Here is an Amazon review for one of the cooling systems where reviewer used a heat gun and determined that the fans were actually causing the system to heat up even more. It looks like the design of all of these are pretty much the same.

In the end, I went with a vertical mount that had no fans in it. Before, my PS was laying flat on carpet (I know, not greatest). This made a big difference, noticed fans don't ramp up as much. I still need to do a clean out of dust build up in fans and eventually replace thermal paste but for <$10 you can pick up vertical mount that might help passively dissipate heat.

Attachments

• stand_1.jpg
    stand_1.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 22
  • stand2.jpg
    stand2.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 31

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.