Homebrew Best Entrypoint for Old3DS Ver. 11.2.0-35U?

mackeydees

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just found an older 3DS of mine still on earlier firmware and I was wondering what would be the most convenient way to access the homebrew launcher? I'm considering soundhax, but I also have a copy of Freakyforms Deluxe. Is there any reason to use one over the other, or a different option entirely? I unfortunately don't have OOT. I'd appreciate your advice, thank you!

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just found an older 3DS of mine still on earlier firmware and I was wondering what would be the most convenient way to access the homebrew launcher? I'm considering soundhax, but I also have a copy of Freakyforms Deluxe. Is there any reason to use one over the other, or a different option entirely? I unfortunately don't have OOT. I'd appreciate your advice, thank you!
if all you want is homebrew then use soundhax (and never update) if you want to play new games and homebrew then use freakyhax but if you would rather have cfw (cfw allows you to play backups/pirated games and also is the most reliable and updatable homebrew entrypoint) then use this guide 3DS Guide - 3DS Guide

Reactions: mackeydees

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia

mackeydees

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Install the cia file with FBI, or, put the 3dsx file in your 3ds folder and access it through the homebrew launcher.
Thank you I'm currently going through the installation right now, sorry for my premature reply. This'll sound bad, but on the 3ds guide during the finalization of the setup, you're really supposed to update your system before continuing to launch FBI? I'm not doubting it's what you're supposed to do, but this won't hurt anything, right?

Attachments

• notsure.PNG
    notsure.PNG
    16.1 KB · Views: 201

Owenge

GbaTemp browser
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you I'm currently going through the installation right now, sorry for my premature reply. This'll sound bad, but on the 3ds guide during the finalization of the setup, you're really supposed to update your system before continuing to launch FBI? I'm not doubting it's what you're supposed to do, but this won't hurt anything, right?
Anything you follow on https://3ds.guide wil be safe.... as long as you fallow every step

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Yes you can update. That's a benefit of having CFW instead of just userland homebrew access :)

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country

Yes, though whenever a new firmware version comes out it is best to make a nand/firmware backup and wait a few days before updating just in case they added anything nasty to it. At this point the latest firmware, version 11.6 is not "new" and known to be safe. Just remember, always make a nand backup before updating and you will be fine.

mackeydees

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes you can update. That's a benefit of having CFW instead of just userland homebrew access :)
Oh wow that's crazy!! Awesome! I've gotten through most of the finalization now, thanks to you helping me through this entire thing. I got stuck on one other place, when launching godmode9, you hold start during the boot of the 3DS? Like, when you turn it on?

Reactions: Quantumcat

Owenge

GbaTemp browser
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh wow that's crazy!! Awesome! I've gotten through most of the finalization now, thanks to you helping me through this entire thing. I got stuck on one other place, when launching godmode9, you hold start during the boot of the 3DS? Like, when you turn it on?
Right when you press the power hold start

mackeydees

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes as above or start holding it before you press power to make sure it's being pressed at the right time
That was a sick tip it worked! However, the SysNAND backup failed. I checked my SD card and I only have 135 MBs and I need at least 1.2 GBs available. I'm transferring all of my photos/videos from the 3DS to my computer, hopefully this is enough.
EDIT: I deleted them and I still don't have enough space. Is there anything extra I can delete? I got pictures of the fail screen and the space on my SD.

Attachments

• failed.jpg
    failed.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 211
  • space.PNG
    space.PNG
    5.9 KB · Views: 199
Last edited by mackeydees,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
That was a sick tip it worked! However, the SysNAND backup failed. I checked my SD card and I only have 135 MBs and I need at least 1.2 GBs available. I'm transferring all of my photos/videos from the 3DS to my computer, hopefully this is enough.
You could also temporarily move your Nintendo 3DS folder to your computer. But if your console creates a new one be sure to delete it before copying your backup back on.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

mackeydees

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How big is your SD card? If you have a lot of games installed you could also temporarily move your Nintendo 3DS folder to your computer.
It's 2GB, not that much I know. I don't have any games installed, besides the pre-set stuff like Faceraiders.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You could also temporarily move your Nintendo 3DS folder to your computer. But if your console creates a new one be sure to delete it before copying your backup back on.
I'll try moving the Nintendo 3DS folder right now!
EDIT: It worked perfectly! I'm so close to being done!! Thank you! :D

Reactions: Quantumcat

mackeydees

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's 2GB, not that much I know. I don't have any games installed, besides the pre-set stuff like Faceraiders.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'll try moving the Nintendo 3DS folder right now!
EDIT: It worked perfectly! I'm so close to being done!! Thank you! :D
EDIT2: I completed the cleanup! I'm so grateful, thanks for walking me through this again. Just one more thing and then I'll really try not to bother you again: how do I access the Homebrew Launcher now? The folder that had the entrypoint audio file from Nintendo 3DS Sound is gone, and Download Play doesn't launch anything (do I need to press something?).
EDIT3: Oh my god I'm so dumb!! It was literally a present box I hadn't unwrapped on the main menu. LOL sorry!! Thank you so much again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Batman joined the Trans Justice League
    +2
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    based af
    +2
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Forget the base, get on the roof.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is that a bat in your buckle or are you just happy to have me
    Wonder "Woman" lol you wonder if they are a woman?
    The Riddler has questions...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Played a little of snow day glad I didn't spend $30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's asthetic is okay maybe a good $10 grab
    Lol is it a game about doing cocaine?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably in pvp
    I tried Balders Gate II on the PS2 a few minutes ago, not bad lol
    My back catalog of games is like that scene at the end of Indiana Jones where the arc of the covenant is being stored in a giant ass warehouse
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    At least I can will my game catalog to family members
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's your problem now bitches
    Put it in your will that in order to receive any money they have to beat certain games, hard games and super shitty games...
    Say 20 bucks per Ninja Gaiden on the NES lol 60 bucks for all 3
    People you like "Beat level 1 of Ms Pacman" lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hello kitty ds is required
    +1
    Beat Celebrity Death Match on the PS1 omg tried it earlier today .... Absolutely trash
    Like -37 out of 10
    One of the worst games I have ever played
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make them rank up every cod game out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "Now I know why he took his own life"
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"