Best ebook Reader for Manga?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by BORTZ, Jul 12, 2011.

Jul 12, 2011

Best ebook Reader for Manga? by BORTZ at 7:44 PM (1,682 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. BORTZ
    OP

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
    Last night my gf asked for a manga suggestion. I suggested Naruto (best gateway manga imo). I realized that she has a Kindle 3. So a quick Google search aided me in finding a way to take Naruto PDF scans into Kindle friendly on the go Manga. I got an eboner.

So my question is whats the best e-reader for this sort of thing? Is it Kindle?

Some things to keep in mind:
    1.I like the look of E-ink for reading. Not only does it make manga look awesome ( and manga would be my biggest if not sole purpose for a reader ) but it doesnt tire out your eyes. It also it great on battery life. If i wanted a gloss color screen id just get an ipad, or some android driven tablet, but thats not what i want. It needs to have e-ink.
    2.I like the amazon bookstore but thats cause its the only one i have any real knowledge about. I am only reading few if any actual books if i were to get one of these things.

2. BlueStar

Member BlueStar GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    You may find that a standard Kindle is too small for some mangas and you end up with tiny, unreadable text. I think the larger Kindle DX is recommended if the primary use is going to be any kind of comics.

3. Haloman800

Member Haloman800 a real gril

United States
    Get the new Nook Touch, it's got a 6'' E-Ink Display, has 2GBs internal (& microSD slot up to 32gbs), 2 months on a single charge, and you can root it to get some other Android apps on it like a better PDF reader, a browser, or even the Kindle or Kobo reading apps. It's $139 on Barnes & Noble.

4. Seicomart

Member Seicomart GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Consider yourselves lucky you have the options of the Kindle DX or the Nook, none of which are on sale here, or by all accounts, are ever likely to be ; /

The Kindle DX would be my choice [if I could buy one at a reasonable price] having seen a mates one they bought in N America.

5. Rogue_Ninja

Member Rogue_Ninja GBAtemp Fan

United States

I have the original nook and plan on upgrading to the newest nook.