Hardware Best earphones, headphones, headsets...ect

andy26129

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im thinking of buying some type of sound accessory to add a better experience to my 3ds. I would like to see your personal reccomendations or what you currently use for your 3ds. Ive noticed the 3ds is quiet low, it currently makes me raise all the volume to the max and still is not loud enough when I game with earphones. Under $30 will be great and a link will help. Cant wait to see your recommendations. Thanks

Lanlan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well for general earbuds, I use these. They are very clear, nice highs and mids, could have more bass but it's by no means bad.

Lanlan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sweet, ill consider these.
I did quite a bit of research before settling on these, I'm by no means an audiophile, but I know what sounds good. And these sound much better than any of the shit you can get from Walmart. I needed earbuds for work (because they're easy to hide under my hair :D), which is why I got these, but over-ear headphones will work too. And I'd say stay away from the big brands like JVC, Skull Candy, etc, their stuff is usually crap.

dehry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Koss KSC 75 is considered one of the best headphones in the cheap range for portability. (http://www.amazon.com/Koss-KSC75-Portable-Stereophone-Headphones/dp/B0006B486K)

My eyes were opened with a Sennheiser HD201 I got on sale for $12, but the Koss was pretty much the closest thing I could get to a PortaPro (the best Koss headphones) without spending $50. Also, a full sized headphone is probably not going to get enough power from a 3DS without an amp. It's $20 but regularly goes on sale. I've gotten them at Kmart for $10

Everything else is pretty much the same. http://gizmodo.com/5617200/the-secret-scam-of-cheap-earbuds

If you're really looking into headphones, check out head-fi.org for their reccomendations.

Also: Beats/Soul/Rapper headphones are double if not triple the price of a comparable headphone from another manufacturer.

Reactions: Lanlan

andy26129

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Koss KSC 75 is considered one of the best headphones in the cheap range for portability. (http://www.amazon.com/Koss-KSC75-Portable-Stereophone-Headphones/dp/B0006B486K)

My eyes were opened with a Sennheiser HD201 I got on sale for $12, but the Koss was pretty much the closest thing I could get to a PortaPro (the best Koss headphones) without spending $50. Also, a full sized headphone is probably not going to get enough power from a 3DS without an amp. It's $20 but regularly goes on sale. I've gotten them at Kmart for $10

Everything else is pretty much the same. http://gizmodo.com/5617200/the-secret-scam-of-cheap-earbuds

If you're really looking into headphones, check out head-fi.org for their reccomendations.

Also: Beats/Soul/Rapper headphones are double if not triple the price of a comparable headphone from another manufacturer.

Those Koss look horrible, but its not about that its about the sound. Does sound escape when you have them on because I once bought the Senheiser HD 202 and sound was great but the cord was long, after 20 mins my ears would start hurting because they were too tight, and they were too loud when not worn. Are the 201 better, only hate the cord.

dehry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those Koss look horrible, but its not about that its about the sound. Does sound escape when you have them on because I once bought the Senheiser HD 202 and sound was great but the cord was long, after 20 mins my ears would start hurting because they were too tight, and they were too loud when not worn. Are the 201 better, only hate the cord.
201s are a different shape and much more comfortable. The koss allow sound to escape, but is far superior to anything else.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I use the KSC75 with my 3DS. They seemed to get great reviews when I was looking at them & 3DS games sound great on them. I got them as I don't get on with earbuds (they either hurt or keep falling out) & they are easy to carry around with the 3DS.

andy26129

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use the KSC75 with my 3DS. They seemed to get great reviews when I was looking at them & 3DS games sound great on them. I got them as I don't get on with earbuds (they either hurt or keep falling out) & they are easy to carry around with the 3DS.

Ill be keeping an eye for these then, they do seem to get great reviews and are pretty old.

Check out Monoprice, too. My buddy has these if I am not mistaken and absolutely loves them.

Their full headphone listing is here - http://www.monoprice.com/products/s...d=10325&cs_id=1032509&pn=computer_accessories
These are the types of headphones ive been looking for, the ones that your ear comepletely goes in. Thanks

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[...]These are the types of headphones ive been looking for, the ones that your ear comepletely goes in. Thanks

Those are known as "Around the ear" headphones. The type that sits on and against the ear are called "on the ear" headphones. I GREATLY prefer the around the ear ones.

Edit - based off of the picture and the title of the item, these are going to be over the ear, as in resting with the pad against it. If you want one with the pad around the ear, which is what I like and it sounds like what you're looking for, you need something with a bigger cup, which monoprice does not sell.

But for comparison between the styles, look at the Bose AE2 (around the ear) and OE2 (over the ear) headphones, you'll see how the different sized cup holds the ear differently. Target (mine at least, most should, I work at one) have a Bose demo where you could try them on to see the feel.

Not that I'd recommend spending that much on Bose stuff just yet.

Edit2 - Also, for around/over comparison, Beats by Dre Solo and MIXR are "over the ear", where your ear is situated against the pad, while Beats Studio and Executive are "Around the ear", where your ear is surrounded by the pad.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Im thinking of buying some type of sound accessory to add a better experience to my 3ds. I would like to see your personal reccomendations or what you currently use for your 3ds. Ive noticed the 3ds is quiet low, it currently makes me raise all the volume to the max and still is not loud enough when I game with earphones. Under $30 will be great and a link will help. Cant wait to see your recommendations. Thanks
The Klipsch S4 is popular and considered by many to be the best earbuds in its price range.
Earbuds will give you the highest volume.
For normal headphones I'd recommend the KOSS PortaPro. It's priced very well for what you get, and it comes with a lifetime warranty. I'm no audiophile and I've seen audiophiles giving it rather meh reviews but to me it sounds great. Anyway since you'll be using it for the 3DS and not music that doesn't matter.

Seriously though, if you think the 3DS has low volume you need to try the DS Lite. The 3DS has a perfectly fine audio volume IMO.

badnat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
These are my primary earphones right now... http://www.amazon.com/JVC-HA-FX101B-Inner-Ear-Headphones-Black/dp/B007HISSXE/

Good sound, nice bass, and they stay in my ear. If you're moving around you need a shirt clip... I bought one for $3 at http://www.etymotic.com (ER6I-55)

I used to not like IEMs much, but now they're pretty much all I use... My Koss Portapros are kind of dead to me because the cord has become all stiff and nasty. The KSC75s don't really press against your ear enough and are a bit uncomfortable. My Sennheisrs PX 100s died (cord broke).... I've got a bunch of cheap earphones that people say are great for the money...

The Sennheiser HD201 aren't worth the $5 I got them for, blech, so uncomfortable. I got the 212 refurbished for $12 (occasionally shows up on Amazon) and they are pretty decent.

ilman

Gbatemp's Official Noise Eraser
Trophies
XP
Country
I've been using these on everything ever since I got them.
Osu beatmaps have never sounded better and I can finally hear something from my 3DS in public.:D

Lanlan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have both Sennheiser HD 201s and 202s in my house. I use the 202s as my home headphones, they sound very clear, much better than any of the crappy blister packaged stuff big retailers sell. Not much bass, but I'd rather hear every minute detail than have my head vibrating. Also, I'm sure you already know, but stay away from Beats. Incredibly overpriced, and people who know about headphones will think you're a jackass.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
The Klipsch S4 is popular and considered by many to be the best earbuds in its price range.

However, the Klipsch earbuds are NOT under $30 ;) I was lucky getting a pair of Klipsch S4 for $45 here in Sweden (they were $90+ before)

EDIT: But I do recommend these, they're really great! If you can afford these, go for them! You'll love to use it for more than just the 3DS ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.