Best DS Lite Screen Protector

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by glitchbit, Jan 3, 2007.

Jan 3, 2007
  1. glitchbit
    OP

Member glitchbit GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I am about to order this myself, have no DS yet... coming in the mail.

But I know from experience of trying various screen protectors that the Martin Fields truely are the best dang screen protectors you will ever find any where. I have also tried G2 screen protectors, while they are decent the Martin Fields were so much better and lasted over 2 years and more if I hadn't decided to try out the G2 because it just became avaliable at the time for my pda.. and it was what I originally wanted. Now I wish I kept the martin fields lol.

And I seriously doubt the Hori, fake or real, can even hold a candle to Martin Fields, smooth and clearer than glass and my friends when they saw my pda thought I took off my screen protector! They sierously could not tell at all.

http://www.overlayplus.com/US/productdec.a...20Lite&pid=2268

2. AlexElder

Newcomer AlexElder Advanced Member

Canada
    I swear by bestskinsever.com. their skins are super durable, they do not flak off on the corners or sides and when taken off do not leave any residue. I have my ipod skin coming cuz i loved myds one so much.

3. chari

Member chari GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Still quite the noobie, so here comes me stoopid questions [​IMG]

1) Is there a difference between screen protectors for the regular DS and the DS Lite? Cos I seen some that specifies is for DS or DS Lite and then some that says is okay for both [​IMG]

2) I wis told the only diff betwixt the two machines is that one is simply lighter and smaller than the other *shrug* Is this true?

Shame on me, i disna even know anyone wit a DS [​IMG] [nae countin all you guys [​IMG] ]

4. nintendofreak

Member nintendofreak Around. Shoot me a PM.

United States
    1- I believe the DS screen protectors have a thicker protector for the bottom screen. ( the bottom screen is deeper into the system, than the Lite's)

2- Yes that and you can also adjust the screen brightness! 4 different settings, with the max being more than 3x brighter! [​IMG]

5. chari

Canada
    good ta know... thnx nintendofreak [​IMG]

6. jchen

Member jchen GBAtemp Regular

United States
    dont spend money on screen protectors, if you take care of your things there is no need for it. Only thing you get is a piece of mind that your not scratching the screen but the protector

7. chari

Canada
    Winna be up ta me take care of it cos DS is belong ta me little one who isna so wee but is just 12 yrs old anyway and he hacks away at things like he's already some burly man ahahahaha but thanks for the advice jchen.

8. azndragonguy115

Member azndragonguy115 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    i wish i had this before i got several scratches

can you post pictures of how yours look in it

9. nintendofreak

United States
    in all reality, i dont think you need one at all, Unless of course you've got little kids whom bash everything [​IMG]. I got tired of the dust under my screen protector, and took it off. Now its crystal clear and .001% of the screen is scratched [​IMG]

10. Madrigal

Member Madrigal GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I just use some Pelican ones I got at Wallmart. You don't even notice they are there. They also come with a couple of extra stylus and a cleaning cloth. Pretty good deal.

11. Madrigal

Member Madrigal GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    You should have no dust under the protector if you installed it right. You need to clean the screen very well before putting them on and use compressed air to remove any dust.

12. glitchbit
    OP

United States
    Pelican lol bet it is as good as my A/V switch made by them too vs my Philips A/V switch....

Madrigal, seriously if you have nothing to compare it to you would think that. I can promise you if you don't choose carefully when picking out a screen protector you will pay for it one way or another. If it is not in clarity(and I promise you the Martin Fields are second to none, just check out every pda screen protector review on the interwebs if you don't beleive me!) but like I was saying if not clarity then in regularity of how often you have to replace them. One way or another you gonna get screwed and most likely both if you purchase off the shelf screen protectors at retail chain stores. Maybe at a specialty or locally owned shop but your best bet is Martin Fields bar none.

I will also say I do believe the DS has a more scratch resistant screen than most PDA's. But I am only refering to the DS Phat since I had that once upon a time and yet to receive my Lite...

http://www.the-gadgeteer.com/review/martin...otector_review_

**TIP**

When applying a Screen Protector to ensure you get no dust between it and the screen, clean the screen real good of course with a micro fiber Lint free clothe. Then fog up your bath room, once the mirror starts fogging up turn off the water and take your DS in their turned off, and apply the protector in there.

This is the closest thing you will get to a "clean room" and it is dust free! Any dust particles that were in the air now cling to the moisture in the air thus harmlessly floating down to the ground. This happens quickly so no worries about the dust landing on your DS!

13. glitchbit
    OP

United States
    Wow impressive they now ship within the US! When I ordered from them 3 years ago they had to ship it straight from singapore!

Just placed my order!

14. Nevin007

Member Nevin007 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    The EXIM SPUC screen protector is excellent. Search eBay for it. I've been using it for a few months now and it's been excellent.

15. nintendofreak

United States
    I was going to fog up my bathroom and stuff, but it was being used, and i couldn't wait [​IMG]