Hacking Best DS Lite Flashcard that supports GBA & NDS games.

skinnyq

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys,
Been thinking of buying DS Lite with a flashcard, but I want to plan everything before buying
rolleyes.gif

So, what I want is a card\adapter\pack\bundle that would give the possibility to run any GBA game (mostly Pokemon) and any NDS game I want.
Oh, and how can I forget - I want it to have good, very good, homebrew support!

Does something like that even exists?
If so, I want to hear about it!

Thanks.
Personal recommendation will also help a bunch.

Foxle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm personally a fan of the Acekard 2 paired with a EZ-Flash 3in1. Just to save your time though, here's most of the answers you'll get. Besides the M3, I can reassure you that all of the cards work perfectly fine.

GBA Support: EZ-Flash 3in1

Cheap Flashcard: Acekard 2. Well polished, updated regularly, basic feature set. $10US

Mid-Range: Supercard DS One. Slow GUI, but has all of the features of the CycloDS except for slow motion. Less than half the price at $20US.

Expensive Flashcard: CycloDS. Most feature complete card. $50+US dollars for slow mo, real time saves, etc.

Dissenting Opinion: M3 DS with GBA expansion bundle.

Foxle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need some sort of Slot-2 device, that is to say a device which fits in to the GBA slot, to play GBA games. There's no way around it. You'll need either the 3in1, a Ewin Expansion pack, or a M3 expansion pack. The 3in1 is much better supported, cheaper, and feature rich though.

*Points up* You should check out the review section.

skinnyq

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh!
Just found out that the 3-in-1 is not an option if there is no RTC/RTS (meaning I can't play Pokemon!),
What are my other solutions?

Oh and btw,
If I want to load gb/gbc roms using Lameboy, that is done by the slot1 device, not the slot2 one right?

Foxle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't looked much into Lameboy. But yes, it should work well under a Slot-1 device. Acording to a quick Google search, it seems that even though you wouldn't have the Real Time Clock, you can at least play a patched version of the Pokémon games which require it. The game runs fine... it just doesn't accurately reflect your current time and the game gives you a complaint about a dead clock battery when you boot up. I'm not sure how getting all those nighttime Pokémon would go, but I'm sure that the hackers out there have some sort of switch you can flip to get to the different times of day.

I still recommend an Acekard 2 and the EZ-Flash 3in1. I'm just not sure howe well the clock monkey business will turn out ^^; Sorry. *Shrugs*

Now then, for your viewing enjoyment... and because I was bored...

List of Pokémon Handheld Games and How to Emulate:

Pokémon: Red, Blue, Yellow, Trading Card Game, Pinball, Puzzle Challenge:
* Lameboy on a Slot 1
Pokémon: Gold, Silver, Crystal:
* Lameboy on a Slot 1 with clock hack.
Pokémon: Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald:
* EZ-Flash 3in1 (Or another Slot 2 device) with clock hack.
Pokémon: FireRed, LeafGreen, Pinball: Ruby & Sapphire:
* EZ-Flash 3in1 (Or another Slot 2 device)
Pokémon: Diamond, Pearl, Platinum:
* Any Slot 1 Device
Pokémon: Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team and Red Rescue Team, Explorers of Time and Explorers of Darkness:
* Any Slot 1 Device
Pokémon: Ranger, Ranger: Shadows of Almia, Dash, Trozei:
* Any Slot 1 Device

skinnyq

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, It's really nice to see someone like you here.
I thank you again.

Well, so I guess there isn't any Slot 2 device with a reasonable price that has Real Time Clock/Save...
Therefore, I think I'm gonna go with CycloDS, just to be safe, and EZ 3-in-1.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://tampa.craigslist.org/psc/vgm/d/hudson-1985-vintage-super-mario-bros/7722091446.html