Hacking Best DS Flashcart for a 3DS?

SekiTimewalker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My SuperCard DSTwo finally died, and I'm looking to replace it. I heard that the new "best" flashcart is the R4 Gold or something like that. Is this true, or would it be better just to buy another DSTwo from a website?

D

Deleted User

The R4 is a good option if you're strapped for cash, but if you have the money, just get another DSTwo.

Reactions: cvskid
D

Deleted User

Depends on yr needs. Wanna just play ds games and hb? Use r4. Wanna use also emulators and stuff? Buy dstwo. Simple as that.

AlucardjX

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
My SuperCard DSTwo finally died, and I'm looking to replace it. I heard that the new "best" flashcart is the R4 Gold or something like that. Is this true, or would it be better just to buy another DSTwo from a website?

what did you intend when you say "finally died"? what is the pronblem the cart gives to you?i've returned to life mine only with a spray for contact components,now works better than ever done before!

D

Deleted User

I'd wait... There is more work being done that could bring DS loading from SD very quickly

drewby

Trophies
Website
www.instagram.com
XP
Country
United States
I agree with @smileyhead but if you were going to buy a flashcart, I would recommend the R4i Gold 3DS. Super easy to set up, works on the latest firmware, works with forwarders, and even can be used as a 3DS flashcart if you have an extra microSD or two laying around.

Reactions: smileyhead

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With a flashcart you won't have to worry about an app install limit and the ds games will use it's own micro sd card which won't take up any space on the 3ds sd card.

drewby

Trophies
Website
www.instagram.com
XP
Country
United States
With a flashcart you won't have to worry about an app install limit and the ds games will use it's own micro sd card which won't take up any space on the 3ds sd card.
I think when we get the ability to load DS roms off the SD card, we probably won't have an individual app for each game. We could just have a loader that browses your SD card, and lets you pick.

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why is there like one of this topics each 10 minutes? ALL the cards are the same starting from 2015, they do the same, you'll see 0 to 0.0005 differences in loading times among others.
All clones works, all original works, al forks works, DSTT, R4I, R4, R4i-sdhc, .COM, .HK , .it, ".com.hk", The Ace 3D, The Snoopy One, The Red One, The Purple One, 2014, 2015, 2016,.. they are all the same..

r41441601407.78.png
r43ds124.png

D

Deleted User

Why is there like one of this topics each 10 minutes? ALL the cards are the same starting from 2015, they do the same, you'll see 0 to 0.0005 differences in loading times among others.
All clones works, all original works, al forks works, DSTT, R4I, R4, R4i-sdhc, .COM, .HK , .it, ".com.hk", The Ace 3D, The Snoopy One, The Red One, The Purple One, 2014, 2015, 2016,.. they are all the same..

r41441601407.78.png
r43ds124.png
All but acecard and dstwo(+) are maybe the same. Dstwo has ability to run hb and emulators with its build in processor and dont need any cia installed to load afaik. All others(well, most of them) like original r4 and some clones, dstt, ttds, all the colors... are blocked, and need cia to be installed to run. So itll be better to buy dstwo or dstwo+ which runs faster but pretty pricy

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All but acecard and dstwo(+) are maybe the same. Dstwo has ability to run hb and emulators with its build in processor and dont need any cia installed to load afaik. All others(well, most of them) like original r4 and some clones, dstt, ttds, all the colors... are blocked, and need cia to be installed to run. So itll be better to buy dstwo or dstwo+ which runs faster but pretty pricy
R4 clones all over 2015 don't need the installation of the white-list nor the patches to work.
as for the 2014 and older, they just need the White-list or the patches from luma.

D

Deleted User

R4 clones all over 2015 don't need the installation of the white-list nor the patches to work.
as for the 2014 and older, they just need the White-list or the patches from luma.
The best card is dstwo(+). Its the best in every aspect other then price.

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The best card is dstwo(+). Its the best in every aspect other then price.
Unless he is looking for an extra very rare and special feature, therefore, to play a DS game, any R4 would do the job, i myself, got several models of R4, and i see NO differences, except that the Hong Kong clones of R4 dont work with local play nor online play.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: hmm