best deal for n3ds to get

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by mike a, May 26, 2016.

1. mike a
    OP

mike a GBAtemp Regular

Oct 28, 2014
    United States
    ok, first off, I have to carry my 3ds w/ me at all times, so a 2ds is out, and I want decent battery life, so an o3ds small seems kinda crappy

been saving up giftcards on swagbucks lol, and I am halfway there.

got an r4i-sdhc gold pro 2016 card, and it is supposed to work up v.12 3ds. and I don't have a pc to downgrade the operating system of whatever I get,, guess ill just be happy w/ what I can install on my flashcart

so here's the lowdown:

o3ds xl refurbished-$140
    nds xl refurbished $180
    brand new n3ds xl out of the box $200.

and I don't know what operating systems would be on the refurbished ones, or even the brand new one, but im assuming they would be above 9.2 or something.

so what do you guyz think? I have a ds lite, and is only $10 bucks trade value, so I might as well just keep that I think, and also would there be anyway to hack a newer operating system?? probly sol on that I guess,

and honestly leaning towards just getting a brand new one

2. SomecallmeBerto

SomecallmeBerto The Anti-Hero

Dec 17, 2014
    United States
    USA
    Does the used one come with a charger? If not get the new one. Either way the chances of either being on 11 are very low. I would also check with the store's return policy just in case they are on 11.

3. mike a
    OP

mike a GBAtemp Regular

Oct 28, 2014
    United States
    well my flashcart, I looked on the site, it can hack up to 10.7, I have a charger already that is compatible w/ all ds's and 3ds's so that's not a problem. I called the store today, and on the refurbished ones, it doesn't say what op system it is, and on the box of the brand new ones it doesn't either lol. dude was kinda cool, in the fact he said I I had the money, and was def gonna buy one, I could use my charger to check the ones in the display case to see what op system they are.

btw, is there any possible way to hack a 3ds above 9.2 w/out downgrading?? I don't think I could downgrade w/out a pc, and I def don't want to mess up and brick it lol

4. joesteve1914

joesteve1914 GBAtemp Fan

Jul 31, 2012
    United States
    All new-in-box models come on 10.7 or below, 11.0 is to new for it to already be on in-store systems.

Yes, but just homebrew (*hax). Basically just emulators, custom themes, region free game cards, rom hacks, and new3ds clock speeds. No free games/piracy.

5. mike a
    OP

mike a GBAtemp Regular

Oct 28, 2014
    United States
    lol awesome,, that's what I wanted it for most of all actually, I mean it'd be cool to pirate 3ds games no lie, but I really want emulators more, and it is true, you can emulate ps2 games lol that's crazy

6. joesteve1914

joesteve1914 GBAtemp Fan

Jul 31, 2012
    United States
    If you are planning on emulating anything other than the original gameboy (maybe snes too), then make sure you get a n3ds. o3ds emulators are extremely slow if you're not on 9.2.

The downgrade procedure isn't that bad if you follow Plailect's guide step by step. It has evolved to the point where there's not really any risk besides user error. Trust me, I downgraded using the first 9.3+ version of sysupdater, downgraded to 2.1 manually with no protection, and then compiled arm9loaderhax myself. And my n3ds is perfectly fine.

7. swabbo

swabbo Wot u doin readin dis m8?

Mar 9, 2011
    East Yorkshire/ A Bin
    Actually below 9.2FW you can install any Cia using NASA, and 9.2-10.7FW you can install any Legit Cia available on "that ISO site"

8. mike a
    OP

mike a GBAtemp Regular

Oct 28, 2014
    United States
    ok, well see I do not have a pc to use to downgrade,, only an android phone,,, or else I'd def downgrade to 9.2

now if someone could make a noob guide for android users lol that would be very useful

btw are you saying,,, if I had a 10.7 I could possibly hack THAT and put 3ds games on it??

Last edited by mike a, May 27, 2016