Best console of all time?

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Funny how the WiiU is considered it by many (mine included, BTW).
I still play it quite regularly, if not for anything else I can play it while my girlfriend hogs the television (which she does all the time).

I'll admit my reasoning is in the first place of the Wii. That full backward compatibility means it plays a huge amount of great games... Pretty much Nintendo 's while backlog.
But the WiiU lineup itself was actually very good. I've played many great games on the system. Sure, third party support was almost nothing, but why judge a console for what it doesn't have?

But also : for Nintendo, it's like they abandoned large buttons afterward. The new 3ds is just posable, but even the Switch has these tiny-ass buttons.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand why a lot of you have said Wii U. But if just looking at the immediate catalog of games and the hardware itself, putting aside backwards compatibility and what can be done by modding, I have to say Gamecube. Great controller, great catalog of games, Gameboy player integrated the also great GBA catalog, and almost zero load times.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Tomtani1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When the NES came out it was so much better than anything available at that time. The NES got people back to playing video games again after the video gaming crash of 1983-1985. The NES is my vote for the best console of all time.

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wii for my favorite console. So easy to hack and very versatile.

PSP/PSVITA for my favorite handheld. I had a PSP that I loved. I upgraded to a vita and found it was superior to the PSP in every way.

Deleted member 546149

Trophies
XP
I have to argue that Wii U is the best console of all time. It is perfect for Covid lockdown. Many types of physical activity games. Just Dance, Wii sport games and dance mat works in a lot of games (Cloudberry Kingdom is awesome with dance mat).

PS4 comes close but not quite because of low amount of physical activity games and poor hardware support for them. The games are awesome otherwise.

The new generation has not yet shown enough to convince me.
Must say the og wii. Grew up with it as a child, however I also had gamecube games on it.

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Okama Gamesphere" is the best! Playing it now! "Heroin Hero" best game title on it!
0458q1dd0d2z.jpg

Last edited by BigOnYa,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
That's a weird metric to rank consoles by.
The Wii U has a pretty shit library, but what it does have is pretty good, and it makes a pretty great little emulation box.
But it's nowhere near the best console of all time. That would have to be the SNES just because of the sheer amount of great games that debuted on that platform. Although it's not my personal favorite, that would be the N64 because it's the one I have the most fond memories of.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.