Best/Cheapest Slot2 device to go with my r4?

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by xenobreak, Apr 19, 2008.

1. xenobreak
    OP

xenobreak Member

Newcomer
    Jan 31, 2008
    United States
    I have an R4 and its amazing... but i want to be able to play GBA games now. Which slot 2 device would you guys recommend for me? The M3 Lite looks good and all but i really dont feel like blowing another $70 or so on it (already spent $70 on the R4). Is there a cheaper one that matches up performance wise to the m3 lite?

I have a DS Lite btw...

2. nicky041192

nicky041192 GBAtemp Maniac

Mar 9, 2008
    UK
    ezflash 3in1 is about $20 at dealextreme

3. xenobreak
    OP

xenobreak Member

Newcomer
    Jan 31, 2008
    United States
    Does it work with most gba games?

4. xenobreak
    OP

xenobreak Member

Newcomer
    Jan 31, 2008
    United States
    My friend says he has had some problems with a few gba games... like them just not starting at all. He has a ezflash

5. DarkAura

DarkAura Offline

Aug 20, 2007
    Canada
    Over there.
    EZFlash what?

As for the Slot 2, get the EZF 3-in-1. Cheapest way to do everything. And I'm sure that most of the GBA games work.

6. xenobreak
    OP

xenobreak Member

Newcomer
    Jan 31, 2008
    United States
    he has the ezflash 3 in 1... he says none of the mario world games work for him. I think hes just using crappy roms or something maybe...

7. leetdude_007

leetdude_007 Official GBAtemp Assassin That Has Never Killed An

Nov 25, 2006
    United States
    The ROMs you should be getting are the ones directly from your original GBA carts.

8. xenobreak
    OP

xenobreak Member

Newcomer
    Jan 31, 2008
    United States
    I think ill just get the ezflash 3 in 1 anyways...

But now for a new question. I already have an R4... if i want to play GBA games is the R4 compatible with the ezflash GBA cart? Like if i have the R4 and the ezflash GBA pack in the DS will it work? Or do i need both the ezflash parts in... becuase if i were to give the ezflash DS cart to a friend would he be able to play DS games with it? Basically i would end up with 2 DS carts and i only need 1 + the GBA cart.

9. leetdude_007

Nov 25, 2006
    United States
    You need the proper software to work with the 3 in 1. It was first released to the market only for EZ-Flash V (which competes with R4 as a DS cart too), but they released some source code for people to make a loader for other DS carts. The most popular loader right now for Other DS carts is called ExpLoader. It's sexy and it's free: http://kotei.blog.so-net.ne.jp/

10. xenobreak
    OP

xenobreak Member

Newcomer
    Jan 31, 2008
    United States
    So i need that software to get the ezflash to work with my DS? Alright that doesnt seem hard... but what about giving my friend the ezflash DS cart while i keep the GBA part, does the ezflash work for DS games without having the GBA expansion pack?

11. leetdude_007

Nov 25, 2006
    United States
    The ezflash 3in1 is sold separately or as a pack. So you don't need to purchase the DS Cart with the GBA cart. The DS Cart EZFlash (EZ-Flash V) is like the R4, and loads DS games alone without the GBA expansion pack (ezflash 3in1). Here's a nice FAQ you can look at: http://www.monroeworld.com/myfaq/index.php...=show&cat=8

12. xenobreak
    OP

xenobreak Member

Newcomer
    Jan 31, 2008
    United States
    alright sweet thx alot [​IMG]

13. nicky041192

nicky041192 GBAtemp Maniac

Mar 9, 2008
    UK
    i got a supercard sd with a 2gb. and it works great.

14. Man18

Man18 GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 6, 2007
    United States
    Florida
    The supercard is great and super cheap. I hear the best for GBA games is the M3 Adapter but if you want it to rumble and have ram for the opera browser use the 3 in 1.

http://www.rothmans.joskeonline.com/supercardsite/
    GBA compat list for Supercard.

15. drock360

drock360 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 31, 2008
    United States
    United States
    I got the EZFlash 3-in-1 to go along with my R4 and it works flawlessly. I would recommend that. I bought it from Dealextreme for a very good deal.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice