Best/Cheapest place to order in USA?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by 1stsinn, May 29, 2010.

May 29, 2010
  1. 1stsinn
    OP

Newcomer 1stsinn Advanced Member

Hi all.

I was wondering where is the best place to order from in the US? Im wanting a good cheap card that will work in DSL and DS XL and last a long time. And a place with fast shipping if possible.

Thanx [​IMG]

2. RupeeClock

Member RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

United Kingdom
    http://realhotstuff.com/ is based in the US.

Most people here will suggest an Acekard 2i, RHS sells them for $20 though.

GBAtemp's partner site, Shoptemp has them for $15 instead. They're based in China though.

I also recommend www.gamekool.com, they also have the Acekard 2i for $15, and their free shipping takes only a week.

3. 1stsinn
    OP

Thanks, but Ive already studied those sites for the last few days...and of them Shoptemp seems the best...

Is there a site that offers faster shipping for 5-10 bucks more? I dont care to pay for shipping if it means I get it faster! [​IMG]

4. RupeeClock

United Kingdom
    Shoptemp only has two primary choices, free shipping or ~$15 shipping, it might not be what you're looking for...however, as far as Shoptemp goes, $15 means it'll arrive in less than a week for sure.

There's another topic asking the exact same question, try looking in there.
    http://gbatemp.net/t229832-us-based

5. tk_saturn

Member tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    If I were in the US and wanted it in a hurry, i'd buy it from LeetMod or SimplyMods.

The main advantage of ShopTemp is if you purchase a MicroSD card, for an extra $2 they will set the flashcart up. Although there are numerous guides on here that tell you how to do that yourself. My Acekard one is here

You say you have both a DSL and a DSi XL. What I would do is buy both an R4, and an Acekard 2i. The R4 is only $6 and handy for a spare. The software for both carts will coexist on the same MicroSD card, and if you have a look at my Wood R4 guide you will see the interfaces are almost identical.

6. RupeeClock

United Kingdom
    I like to support both Shoptemp and GBAtemp whenever possible, actually to be honest I don't understand the need to order a flashcart from within the same country.
    What's the advantage? Faster shipping times? Cheaper shipping? Or is it just paranoia?

7. 1stsinn
    OP

Thanks for all the fast replies. [​IMG]

I decided to order from leetmod....AK2i + 2gb +card reader + 3-5 day shipping for $31.90 [​IMG]

8. RupeeClock

United Kingdom
    That's a pretty good price. [​IMG]
    For fast shipping and same contents at Shoptemp, I think that would've been roughly $40.