Best cheap SNES mini alternatives?

Alfio_Da_Italian_Nerd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I can buy the Retron 5 that can emulate NES, FC, SNES, SFC, MD, GB, GBC and GBA (but not PSX)

[THE VIDEO IS IN ITALIAN]

Funny thing: if I search "SNES classic mini alternatives" on Google it gives you this topic XD

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Piss, that Retron 5 costs 55 € on Amazon :hateit:

TheMrIron2

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
You mentioned already having a PSP so if you're really, really strapped for money - as in, not being able to afford a Raspberry Pi - it's probably cheapest to just buy a new microSD adapter and play NES/SNES/GB/GBC/GBA and PS1 (pretty much natively) with primitive N64 emulation too (Mario 64 is full speed, most popular games are good enough at least without sound).

Alfio_Da_Italian_Nerd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
O
You mentioned already having a PSP so if you're really, really strapped for money - as in, not being able to afford a Raspberry Pi - it's probably cheapest to just buy a new microSD adapter and play NES/SNES/GB/GBC/GBA and PS1 (pretty much natively) with primitive N64 emulation too (Mario 64 is full speed, most popular games are good enough at least without sound).
Ok, so... If I return from the vacation, I will buy an new MSD adapter for my old PSP (Dad bought that thing with already installed emulators)

P.S. I get the PSP in 2017. It is normal?

TheMrIron2

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
O

Ok, so... If I return from the vacation, I will buy an new MSD adapter for my old PSP (Dad bought that thing with already installed emulators)

P.S. I get the PSP in 2017. It is normal?
I got my current PSP in 2018. So yes! (I needed one to work on the N64 emulator and have since expanded to work on other cool stuff.)

Emulation of NES, GB/GBC, GBA and PS1 are excellent. SNES has a few issues but if you avoid SuperFX games it's totally fine. N64 is passable for most games. Make sure you get the latest versions of the respective emulators for the best performance/compatibility.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup