Hacking Homebrew Best CFW for PSP?

2cb2ct7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks to everyone who has helped me out thus far...

One last question, there seems to be a lot of custom firmwares available for the PSP. Are most/all of these based on Dark Alex's CFW in some way? What is the best CFW and why? I'm mainly looking for ability to play UMD ISOs, PS1 emulation, and homebrew...

Thanks!

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm a bit sketchy on the PSP stuff, but I believe Dark Alex was one of the first to refine the custom firmware concept, he may have quit but his legacy lives on
laugh.gif

The best firmware to use now is probably Team M33's CFW (latest version is 3.52 M33- update 3), which covers isos and ps1 eboots. If you want something more stable (should be fine anyway), then get 3.40 OE (or the re-releases by other people, think there was one called LE or something), however this is at the expense of an almost perfect no-umd mode.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Stay away from the 3rd update for now, the 4th one is coming out which fixes a major bug (and there was something wrong with the 3rd one or something to do with the readme revealing certain things)

Lodis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 4th update is already out. I recommend M33 3.52 M33-4 Custom firmware. Just make sure you download it from a reputable site, that the installation eboot is unmodified and if in doubt, do a hash or CRC check to verify.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
The 4th update is already out. I recommend M33 3.52 M33-4 Custom firmware. Just make sure you download it from a reputable site, that the installation eboot is unmodified and if in doubt, do a hash or CRC check to verify.

yes, Get 3.52 M33-4. It is by far the most awesomest
tongue.gif

Stay away from the M33-3 update, because there was a bug in it that will cause corruption in Flash1 when writing to it through USB mode -- Bad bad bad!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: (cocks 12 gauge with virginity-maintaining intent) +1