Best CFW for PSP?

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by 2cb2ct7, Aug 20, 2007.

Aug 20, 2007

Best CFW for PSP? by 2cb2ct7 at 5:47 AM (722 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. 2cb2ct7
    OP

Member 2cb2ct7 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    Thanks to everyone who has helped me out thus far...

One last question, there seems to be a lot of custom firmwares available for the PSP. Are most/all of these based on Dark Alex's CFW in some way? What is the best CFW and why? I'm mainly looking for ability to play UMD ISOs, PS1 emulation, and homebrew...

Thanks!

2. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    I'm a bit sketchy on the PSP stuff, but I believe Dark Alex was one of the first to refine the custom firmware concept, he may have quit but his legacy lives on [​IMG]

The best firmware to use now is probably Team M33's CFW (latest version is 3.52 M33- update 3), which covers isos and ps1 eboots. If you want something more stable (should be fine anyway), then get 3.40 OE (or the re-releases by other people, think there was one called LE or something), however this is at the expense of an almost perfect no-umd mode.

3. deathfisaro

Member deathfisaro Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan

Canada
    I have to second M33 teams CFW. Although they are sometimes annoying with the flood of updates, it could be a good thing that they fix things up quickly.

4. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    Stay away from the 3rd update for now, the 4th one is coming out which fixes a major bug (and there was something wrong with the 3rd one or something to do with the readme revealing certain things)

5. Lodis

Member Lodis GBAtemp Regular

United States
    The 4th update is already out. I recommend M33 3.52 M33-4 Custom firmware. Just make sure you download it from a reputable site, that the installation eboot is unmodified and if in doubt, do a hash or CRC check to verify.

6. hankchill

Member hankchill I Pwn n00bs.

Canada
    yes, Get 3.52 M33-4. It is by far the most awesomest [​IMG]

Stay away from the M33-3 update, because there was a bug in it that will cause corruption in Flash1 when writing to it through USB mode -- Bad bad bad!