Gaming Best CFW for a PSP-1000

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Talking to a friend about being his ready hacked PSP-1000 but it hasn't been updated in a while and I know that more firmwares have come out since it had its CFW installed. He says its on v3.5 at the moment (likely M33) so...

1. Which CFW is the best GEN or M33?

2. Can I just run the latest FW installer for the chosen one or do I need to update sequentially?

benbop1992

Trophies
XP
Country
Jamstruth said:
Talking to a friend about being his ready hacked PSP-1000 but it hasn't been updated in a while and I know that more firmwares have come out since it had its CFW installed. He says its on v3.5 at the moment (likely M33) so...

1. Which CFW is the best GEN or M33?

2. Can I just run the latest FW installer for the chosen one or do I need to update sequentially?

You could get Gen cfw and go strait to 5.50 GEN-d then D2

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So I need to flash it to 3.71 M33 then use the XGEN updater to install v5.5 Gen-B2 and from there update to 5.5 gen-d?
I may need some help with the file structure as well as I know that PSPs have to have it in a game folder or something like that.

Kittymat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gen - no patching the latest games to play them, laggy with some .cso files

M33 - 5.00m33-6 has the speed up memory stick access, if you have a lot of .cso games than this is needed to prevent the lagging

I tried GenD2 but went back to M33 due to the lagging, however D3 is due on 15/12 and hints are that they will include the memory speed up

synce

だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん
Trophies
XP
Country
Comoros
I got two PSPs, one with Gen and one with M33... For me there's no difference between the two other than having to patch games for M33. If that sounds like a hassle go with Gen

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night