Hacking Best cart for SNES,GEN, and GBA...?

saxamo

Spaaaaace!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm helping a friend out with his very first flashcart. He's really mostly interested in snes emulation (snezzi, I guess) Genesis (picodrive) and GBA stuff.

He's interested in the G6lite but now i'm thinking that isn't the best for picodrive. Mabye the SC? m3lite is expensive
frown.gif

But I'm not sure! So, lemme know what you think.

and YES i've searched but couldn't get a straight answer.

CatScam

ScamaRama!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well SNES & GEN require homebrew emulation & the Supercard right now
is the best at that. But your also asking about GBA, & the M3/ G6 is better
at that.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
SnezziDS and picodrive should be able to work with normal flash carts now (snezziDS always and picodrive as of the latest version). All the major cards have libraries now and both of the programs are open source so I should imagine support will be added by someone at some point.
This being said emulation of neither of these systems is that great although the authors would appear to be in it for the long haul and each version tends to have a whole load of changes.

For GBA support I would not look to the supercard for while the % compatibilty is good the ones that do not work are not just 2 in 1 disney titles but some of the GBA's finest.
Lets remain objective though and here is a good list:
http://rothmans.joskeonline.com/supercardsite/
DS list in case your wanted one:
http://www.dualscene.net/viewpage.php?page_id=28

While the G6 deserves it's good reputation the ability to use removable memory is not something to be taken lightly and as games get bigger you will not want to feel the squeeze (while you do not say an interest in DS exists I would be willing to stake something one an interest appearing).

gr33dy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
How is the save support for SnezziDS on the G6 Lite? I seem to recall reading about some issues regarding the save system on the G6 (saving to SRAM) as it relates to homebrew.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just read in another thread that there is save support for the G6 with SnezziDS. Is save support for NesDS still lacking on the G6 Lite?

saxamo

Spaaaaace!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the advice, all. I'm so hesitant to buy him one cause i'm owrried he'll be dissapointed! waah

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: hot take: freddy fazbear's pizzeria simulator is peak fnaf