Best cart for SNES,GEN, and GBA...?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by saxamo, Sep 17, 2006.

Sep 17, 2006
  1. saxamo
    OP

Member saxamo Spaaaaace!

United States
    I'm helping a friend out with his very first flashcart. He's really mostly interested in snes emulation (snezzi, I guess) Genesis (picodrive) and GBA stuff.

He's interested in the G6lite but now i'm thinking that isn't the best for picodrive. Mabye the SC? m3lite is expensive [​IMG]

But I'm not sure! So, lemme know what you think.

and YES i've searched but couldn't get a straight answer.

2. CatScam

Member CatScam ScamaRama!

United States
    Well SNES & GEN require homebrew emulation & the Supercard right now
    is the best at that. But your also asking about GBA, & the M3/ G6 is better
    at that.

3. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    SnezziDS and picodrive should be able to work with normal flash carts now (snezziDS always and picodrive as of the latest version). All the major cards have libraries now and both of the programs are open source so I should imagine support will be added by someone at some point.
    This being said emulation of neither of these systems is that great although the authors would appear to be in it for the long haul and each version tends to have a whole load of changes.

For GBA support I would not look to the supercard for while the % compatibilty is good the ones that do not work are not just 2 in 1 disney titles but some of the GBA's finest.
    Lets remain objective though and here is a good list:
    http://rothmans.joskeonline.com/supercardsite/
    DS list in case your wanted one:
    http://www.dualscene.net/viewpage.php?page_id=28

While the G6 deserves it's good reputation the ability to use removable memory is not something to be taken lightly and as games get bigger you will not want to feel the squeeze (while you do not say an interest in DS exists I would be willing to stake something one an interest appearing).

4. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    accidental double post, my bad.

5. gr33dy

Member gr33dy GBAtemp Regular

United States
    How is the save support for SnezziDS on the G6 Lite? I seem to recall reading about some issues regarding the save system on the G6 (saving to SRAM) as it relates to homebrew.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just read in another thread that there is save support for the G6 with SnezziDS. Is save support for NesDS still lacking on the G6 Lite?

6. SpaceJump

Member SpaceJump Where's my new 2D-Metroid?

Germany
    SnezziDS saves perfectly on G6's SRAM. nesDS WIP saves directly to the card, so it doesn't work with G6.

7. saxamo
    OP

Member saxamo Spaaaaace!

United States
    Thanks for the advice, all. I'm so hesitant to buy him one cause i'm owrried he'll be dissapointed! waah