Best cart for a NDS lite that will play gba games

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by swordmasterlink, Apr 29, 2008.

1. swordmasterlink
    OP

Newcomer swordmasterlink Newbie

United States
    Hello all!

I've been looking around for the best cart that will allow me to play my nds games and gba games with online capabilities and no issues. I'm not so concerned about media functionality, but I am concerned about how well the cart works (even with the castlevania games they typically use as a benchmark) and it's ability to play gba games.

I would also love for the cart to be able to play gbc, gb, and NES games... but don't want to push it.

I have looked at the M3DS Perfect kit but wasn't sure if I should go that way.

I appreciate any advice you can give. Thanks!

2. BurlyEd

Member BurlyEd GBAtemp Fan

United States
    M3 DS Real with GBA Expansion Pack is easiest - by far.
    R4 + EZFlash 3-in-1 Memory Expansion Pack for NDS Lite + Rudy's tool + ... ++ is good too. but NOT as easy.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

3. PBC

Member PBC What!? I can change this??

United States
    Can't he just get a slot-2 ?? you know..those things before the rush of slot-1s??

EZ4 Deluxe (beware, compact will NOT play GBA) runs NDS, GBA, and through the use of emulators GBC, GB NES...you just need the EZ4 Deluxe, which goes into the GBA slot and also a passcard, which is what people used to get around the nintendos protection before Slot-1 solutions.

But like the man above said Slot 1 + expansion packs are all rage. and probably cheap enough these days.

I have the EZV + EZ 3-1 which doesn't even require the use of rudolph tool.
    3-1 offers (Rumble, GBA, Ram for opera browser) and different companys offer different variations of it.

Do what you will though. Now that I think about it Slot-1s probably have less speed/WIFI/Download Play issues. But I'm not sure if anything is 100%.

You don't have to get an R4 either. Get a cyclo, Get a TTDS, Get a EZV, Get an Itouch.
    But without a Slot-2 pack you won't get GBA games.

4. swordmasterlink
    OP

United States
    I don't necessarily need the easiest solution, I just want the one with the most capabilities.

burlyed, thanks for the response. What's rudy's tool, though? (I guess I can always google it or wiki it).

pbc, thanks as well for the response, but I have a few follow up questions for you:

Do the emulators need to be installed on the slot1 or slot2 card, and are you aware of any slot1 cards that can handle the emulators?

Also, anyone know if M3 DS supports opera?

5. Flameburst

Member Flameburst GBAtemp Regular

United States
    M3 Real with GBA expansion bundle. Just find emulators to play snes games. and yeah M3Real Supports Opera cuz I've got it. you need a patch so you don't need an expansion memory though. IM me or whatever the thing is called if you need the patch. BTW M3 real can run the emulators (its a slot-1) only gba needs the slot-2 , in this case the gba expansion.

6. Warren_303

Member Warren_303 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Word, like Flameburst said.

The patch is easy stuff.

Lameboy for Gameboy
    SnemulDS for SNES
    nesDS for NES

I make sweet love to my M3 Real. Joking.... or am i?

7. airpirate545

Member airpirate545 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    offtopic: is snemulds still being worked on?

anyways, yah m3ds is the awesome great for gba games

8. swordmasterlink
    OP

United States
    Awesome, you guys rock.

I've been researching all off the different types of carts all day cause I haven't looked at them since back in the beginning of the gba cart days.

Thanks a bunch for your responses... I heard exactly what I wanted to hear.

9. swordmasterlink
    OP

United States
    I made a new topic about which micro sd card I should buy... since I figured it was on a bit of a different subject. If any of you could contribute, I'd greatly appreciate it.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=84615

10. Warren_303

Member Warren_303 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    SnemulDS is good still needs work I agree.

Super Mario All Stars has no ground so you cannot see where the pits are.
    I just play the GBA versions for those mario games though.

11. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    You can easily see the ground in Super Mario All Stars. Just change either the screen position or the scaling options, both of which are 2 touchscreen taps away from the main menu.