Best card to get for use on the 3DS?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by LTK, Sep 3, 2011.

Sep 3, 2011
  1. LTK
    OP

Member LTK GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    I'm thinking the acecard but I'm not sure. Can people who are actively using flashcarts on their 3DS give me some advice?

2. Fishaman P

Member Fishaman P Speedrunner

United States
    Best? Supercard DSTwo.

Best price/usefulness ratio? Acekard 2i.

3. BoxmanWTF

Member BoxmanWTF ♪Toot Toot Sonic Warrior♫

Canada
    you know what's cool? several topics that could be solved if the OPs just read the stickies
    What Flashcard should I get
    Seriously, that ONE topic was created so people don't create a topic about this every week

4. Aielanor

Newcomer Aielanor Member

Australia
  5. Etheboss

Member Etheboss Official LULWUT supporter

Netherlands
    hehe, this is also very cool/usefull, 2 ppl posting the SAME link of where to look for the official topic.

6. Cartmanuk

Member Cartmanuk GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    I use This one

It works on 3DS.
    Gets updates
    Runs WOOD firmware

Cost £7 cant go wrong

I also have DSTWO which works well But cost £25

7. TheCasketMan

Member TheCasketMan Keyblade Apprentice

United States
    is that one pre-flashed with the latest update that works with 2.1.0-4U?

8. bowser

Member bowser Mwa ha ha ha!

India
    Fixed. I'm seeing a lot of these lately. Guess 3DS sales picked up after the price drop. [​IMG]

I used to be a dick about noobs posting without reading stickies but I'm not going to be like that anymore.

So to the OP, Acekard 2i and Supercard DSTWO are the best ones out there. You decide which one to get based on your gaming preferences.

P.S. I am surprised though that someone with 100+ posts didn't read the stickies. One would think they were around here long enough to know about them.

9. KevoNakamura

Newcomer KevoNakamura Member

United States
    I've been a long time user of Acekard 2i, I bought it for when the DSi came out and was happy when it could be updated for 3DS. The price is fantastic, compatibility is great, there are usually game fixes very soon. I could go on, but up until recently I have made the switch to Supercard DStwo. While the price isn't on par with Acekard's it makes up for it with the GBA emulator. That's what sold me. With all the emu's out you can have all the gameboy era games on your 3DS. I'm part of the Ambassador Program, but, I can't wait for the GBA releases.

10. nl255

Member nl255 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

The DSTwo of course, though it is more expensive. It can be updated on the DSi/3DS even if you have already updated your system and the cart has been blocked (thanks to the onboard CPU, as long as the DSi/3DS provides power to the cart it can update on it's own without booting). Not to mention (mostly) stable savestate support and an ingame text reader which other carts don't have. Oh, and you can even get full 386 emulation thanks to DS2x86 and the DSTwo's built in CPU (the snes/gba emulation is decent as well).

11. knirfie

Newcomer knirfie Member

Nice, but that sticky is in the DS forum, not the first place I'd look when wanting information about flash cards for the 3DS, especially not if I'm a first-time visitor.

But you are right, there are also stickies in the 3DS forum that cover this subject, though they in my opinion they're not very clear, and definetly don't tell you which card is the best one to get.

Maybe someone should add that table from your link to the "3DS Updates and Flashcarts - A FAQ" sticky.

12. KT_Cobra

Newcomer KT_Cobra Member

United States
    realhotstuff.com has them pre-flashed for the latest 3DS firmware version.