Best Card for the NDS

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by jrdehaisx, Apr 7, 2007.

?

Which is the best Card for NDS?

1. N-Card

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. R4DS

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. DSLink

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. EWin

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. EZ Flash

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. M3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Magic Flash

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Pass Cards

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. SuperCard

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Apr 7, 2007

Best Card for the NDS by jrdehaisx at 6:31 AM (13,271 Views / 0 Likes) 133 replies

1. jrdehaisx
    OP

Newcomer jrdehaisx Advanced Member

United States
    Hy I am new to this, so I bought an N-Card from www.sky2k.com, but unfortunatly it did not work, now the company is offering me either an replacement on the N-Card or a exchange for another brand. They have offered me thje R4DS which sounds phenomenal... any suggestions are welcome as I need to make my mind for monday and return the card back to receive the replacement. Thanks for the support.

you can visit the seller site if you want to recommend me one that they DO have, thanks.
    http://www.sky2k.com

This is what I got in first place
    [​IMG]

2. aslacker55

Member aslacker55 I like pie

United States
    R4 is the best flashcard at the moment. If you get an R4, you won't regret it. [​IMG]

3. lildaz

Member lildaz GBAtemp Regular

United States
    R4 is good, but i had an EZ-4 slot 2 also.

4. jrdehaisx
    OP

United States
    What about the EZ Flash V (5)

[​IMG]

5. aslacker55

United States
    I have a R4 and a EZ-V. I still prefer the R4 over the EZ V. With the EZ V you would have to maintain a save list for your saves to work and to get the best performance out of the EZ V, you have to get a Japanese micro SD. With the R4, it doesn't need a save list and you don't have to use a Japanese micro sd to make it run good.

6. xbman

Member xbman GBAtemp Regular

I am curious about peoples opinions as well. I currently have a SuperCard (SD) Slot-2. While it has worked fine, they have notoriously been slow with updates and now with the DS One I think they have pretty much abandoned it. All the games I want to play do work, so no complaints there, and even Castlevania POR so far has worked flawlessly (Ritek 1GB SD Card) which seems odd since it seems everyone else with the Slot-2 SuperCard can't get it to work for shit.

I am thinking of getting a Slot-1 solution, but since I don't have a pressing need, I am curious as to what people recommend. The R4 so far seems to be the card of choice but the upcoming M3 seems it might be worthwhile as well.

EDIT: From readin the POR threads, it seems the Kingston (JP) is the memory card to get. Is that the only one that works 100% (or best)? If so, anyone know where to reliably get this in the US?

7. jrdehaisx
    OP

United States
    This one? Its already for sell, but dont know nothing about it...

[​IMG]

8. aslacker55

United States
    It's the same exact thing as the R4. The only difference is that the R4 gets the updates faster and the R4 is usually cheaper than the M3 simply.

9. decept

Member decept GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Nice.

The fact that the DS-X isn't even listed brings credibility to this poll. [​IMG]

10. xbman

Well, since I haven't really had a need to upgrade, I admit I am lagging behind the whole slot-1 scene. I thought M3 was coming out with an M3 real, may that is what the simply is and I am just confusing things, so that is probably what I was thinking of. One thing for sure, due to the SLOW updates and ignorance of Romman (I had several conversations with him and he was very helpful and full of promises but he completely blows be off now) I definately will NOT get another SuperCard solution. So far the R4 seems to be the front runner, but don't want to run into the same mistake I made with the SuperCard where it seemed to be the best solution when I was looking for a slot-2 device, and while it has worked well, they are just too slow and unreliable in regard to updates.

11. jrdehaisx
    OP

United States
    Seems R4DS has won the bet so far, I have heard good comments about it... the price is relative low as for what I bought the N-Card, the M3 is like $40, the N-Card I bought it at $36 not is only $30 for the 1GB and the 2GB is at $42, the R4DS at $36 so I guess it still leading by price eventhough!

What is DS-X

12. aslacker55

United States
    You should wait for the G6DS Real and M3DS Real if you care about download play. If you don't care about that, it would be best just to get a R4 DS.

13. aslacker55

United States
    Please don't bring up the DS-X, you're inviting trouble. All you're going to hear is "how expensive it is" and "why buy a DS-X if you can get a R4 for a third of the price."

14. jrdehaisx
    OP

United States
    Sorry i am new so I didnt know what that is, please forget this comment, lets continue, so check your PMs, anyways best card is the R4DS what are those G6DS and M3DS?

15. TLSpartan

Member TLSpartan Kills threads

Australia
    youre forgetting the mighty SC-ONE. yes they have abandoned us but if something works perfectly why would you have to release updates for it. the SC-ONE has exellcent homebrew support as well

250th post [​IMG]

16. aslacker55

United States
    Read about the G6 real here:http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=48196

G6 real is the one with internal memory and the M3 real will use a micro sd.

17. xbman

I had a VERY good relationship with Romman and while others keep flaming them for their slow updates I had faith in him and he had not failed me - but ultimately he screwed me over (I won't get into the details) so I will NEVER buy another SuperCard product. I am glad to hear you have had good experience with it, but for me it's more personal.

18. jrdehaisx
    OP

United States
    Wow, 16 votes for the R4DS that makes it... [​IMG] [​IMG] I will get it then, I hope its not like the N-Card which [​IMG] and it works better, thanks to all who voted, we can leave it open for the rest of people with the same question as myself... thanks all!

19. bobrules

Member bobrules GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    Umm R4, i'm using it no problems yet. I think everother card works fine, but R4 is the best for me right now.

20. blade85

Member blade85 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I got the R4DS just yesturday and it works great, i reccomend that you get it to replace your N-Card