Hacking Best card for battery life?

emmsmama

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm trying to decide btwn. the R4, M3 Simply, and the Cyclo. I currently have a DS-Xtreme (don't even ask - if I would have done the research instead of hubby there is no way I would have paid $125 for a card when I could get one for $40 as I don't need bells and whistles, but I didn't research until *after* we had the DS-Xtreme). I have a DS Lite as does dd and there is no way I'm buying another DS-X at the cost of it so I'm trying to decide on a second card.

My ? is about battery life. Do any of the cards affect it greatly? Is there one card that is better than another for not sucking the battery quicker than a reg. DS game? I turned off the LED lights on the DS-X and am hoping that helps but for the new card I'm wondering what is best at not draining the battery quicker than normal.

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
DS-X drains a lot of battery power, even with LED's on. I mean, with a normal DS cart I get around 8-9 hours of gameplay, and with the DS-X, just around 6-7!

Brenex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also you will find that battery life is greatly reduced if you just close the lid with sleep mode using a flash cart as opposed to a standard game (hours worth of difference) due to the fact that the flash card is constantly draining power to read from the minicard. Or so I think heh from other people's posts

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes but it wasn't meant to be a comedy thread