Best card for battery life?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by emmsmama, Jun 26, 2007.

Jun 26, 2007

Best card for battery life? by emmsmama at 5:21 AM (667 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. emmsmama
    OP

Newcomer emmsmama Advanced Member

Canada
    I'm trying to decide btwn. the R4, M3 Simply, and the Cyclo. I currently have a DS-Xtreme (don't even ask - if I would have done the research instead of hubby there is no way I would have paid $125 for a card when I could get one for $40 as I don't need bells and whistles, but I didn't research until *after* we had the DS-Xtreme). I have a DS Lite as does dd and there is no way I'm buying another DS-X at the cost of it so I'm trying to decide on a second card.

My ? is about battery life. Do any of the cards affect it greatly? Is there one card that is better than another for not sucking the battery quicker than a reg. DS game? I turned off the LED lights on the DS-X and am hoping that helps but for the new card I'm wondering what is best at not draining the battery quicker than normal.

2. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    There isn't much difference in battery drain between the more recent slot 1 flashcarts. They all use a bit more power than a standard DS game, but not that much.

Most of the recent official GBAtemp reviews have battery life tests in them.

3. HBK

Member HBK Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)

Portugal
    DS-X drains a lot of battery power, even with LED's on. I mean, with a normal DS cart I get around 8-9 hours of gameplay, and with the DS-X, just around 6-7!

4. Brenex

Newcomer Brenex Member

United States
    Also you will find that battery life is greatly reduced if you just close the lid with sleep mode using a flash cart as opposed to a standard game (hours worth of difference) due to the fact that the flash card is constantly draining power to read from the minicard. Or so I think heh from other people's posts