sumpm1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First post noob!

Was drooling over the Supercard Lite, and then realized that it won't even fit into a GBA right? What would be the best Supercard option for actually inserting the cartridge into my DS Lite AND my BGA?

Also, if this is the route I am going, is Supercard even the best option, or should I opt for EZ Flash 4?

I'm leaning toward the Supercard for it's DS Homebrew support.

Thanks

megatron_lives

Trophies
Website
www.enthalpynet.co.uk
XP
Country
I'm sure you know that none of the flash carts designed exclusively for the DS lite will fit in you GBA- they're too small.

So if you want a cart for both systems, expect a compromise. That is you'll get it "sticking out" on the DS lite (which some people are consumed with irradicating!), so that it will be flushed with the GBA.

But with all this talk I have to ask - why do you need one that works on both systems?

The DS and most flash carts, support both DS and GBA roms so my advice would be to get a DS lite cart, whack all your sweet GBA roms and DS rom on it, and find a friend on Ebay to take your GBA away (for a fair price of course!)

If you do go for a cart for both systems I wouldn't suggest the Supercard SD - It apparently has shit homebrew support!

Regarding the comparision between supercard and ezflash, it's one of the debates that is everywhere. whether it be M3, G6, EZflash 4 etc. it's difficult to tell people what is the best as it depends on your needs.

I assume you would want GBA and NDS support, and as you say, homebrew support. Naturally, both carts support all three devices - but some better than others.

I've had all the EZflash generations and stopped when the EZflash 4 lite came out. I opted for an Supercard lite for my DS lite. Now this is just for me, but the support from the EZ flash team I found lacking and answers to important questions, and indeed and support, had to come from fellow members in a forum (as long as they weren't in the same boat!) Also new DS games needed to be patched or simply didn't work which is all I wanted my cart for.

This really put me off buying a new cart from EZflash, even though my long heritage with the company.

Like yourself I thought about supercard, the supercard team boast an almost 100% compatability for DS roms have decent GBA compatability. So supercard lite found it's way into my humble DS lite and I think it really is good. NDS compatability is spot on, and if a game doesn't work, someone on the forum has a simple solution.

BE WARNED!!! However, I haven't played with the EZflash 4 so don't think this is a direct comparision. I simply had a bunch of ez flash stuff before and now with their ND roms, I'm not impressed.

I'm sure other's will disagree, but as I said, it's hard to find a cart thats perfect for everyone at the mo.

Anyway, I hope this gives you a little idea of what to focus your decision on - it's all about support from the cart company!!!!!

If this wasn't helpful, and has just been mindless dribble (As my posts usually are!
wink.gif
) Try checking out the reviews on these sites:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=32250 - EZflash 4
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=35982 - Supercard lite
http://www.iso420.com/nds/scmsd/index.htm - Supercard SD (for both GBA and DS)

PS - If you do get a supercard lite DON'T get the rumble, they don't support GBA - Few forgot to mention that!

Anyway peace out brother, happy flashing!!

nds.gif
>
psp.gif

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You could go with a G6 Lite which comes with a GBA shell in the package. So it would sit flush in your DS Lite and your GBA
wink.gif
It has great compatibility for DS and GBA and regular updates
wub.gif

meangreenie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, G6 would seem the choice to fit the bill.

The Supercard has poorish gba support, I kind of think of it's gba ability more of a really good gba emulator, rather than an outright gba flashcart.

You could look at the EZ4 miniSD version if you looking to save some cash, it's a gba size cart (so will stick out slightly on the ds-lite). The EZ4 has great gba ability and is only a smidgen behind M3 and SC with regards to the DS side of things.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I solve this problem by using a different cart for each. I use the Supercard Lite for NDS, and the EFA-Linker 512mbit for GBA. I don't even play GBA on the DSLite - I like the backlit GBA-SP much better. And although M3, G6, EZ4 and even Supercard have decent GBA support, there's no way they're in the EFA's category. IMHO the EFA 512mbit is the best tool you can buy for GBA - with the EZ3 and X-Rom close behind. I like GBA so much I accept no substitutes.

Since I use it for nds and homebrew only, I love the Supercard Lite, too. But I wouldn't use it for GBA ... not because it can't play the games ... actually it can. It's the Supercard's GBA save system I can't stand. Needing to input a keystroke to force a save really sucks. Ironically, the Supercard has the best NDS save system. go figure.

just my 2cents. Most people want one device that "does it all" but that kind of a compromise is something I gave up on a lot time ago (back when boom boxes were popular, I stuck with my component stereo). I'll take the best tool for each job, even if that means more than one tool.

sumpm1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for all of the replies. It does seem that the G6 would be the only one to fit the bill in this category, and sorry I don't take advice very well, but the G6 is the most expensive and doesn't support flash memory.

The reason I wanted both DS and GBA hardware support was because I always wanted to get a flash cart for my kid's GBA, but now we are buying him a DS Lite, so I won't get the chance to see the GBA in action! Also, I am a DIY kind of guy and I like to mess with stuff, so I would have enjoyed seeing how far I could push the GBA!

Another question; I read that the Supercard Lite supports NES, SNES, GG... This is important to me, cause that is a lot of games to add to your collection!

Does the DS need a seperate emulator than the one already developed for the GBA for all of these platforms? For example, can I run Pocket NES for the GBA, and SNES Advance, instead of SnezziDS, and nesDS? How about other platforms? Am I at the mercy of available emulators for the DS, or do I have the option of running GBA emulators in GBA mode?

Thanks guys

sumpm1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh yeah, will I be able to play GB Color and original Gameboy games also on the DS Lite with a Supercard?

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
According to F1fthElement, gbatemp.net's servers are being run from several DS Lites using Supercards with custom homebrew software!

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
According to F1fthElement, gbatemp.net's servers are being run from several DS Lites using Supercards with custom homebrew software!

Now you guys are just being assholes
lecture.gif

I would suggest the Supercard Lite.
Was that the one with the GBA cart casing packaged with it?

No, the only Lite cart that comes with a GBA cart is G6 Lite. And I wouldn't recommend SC if he wants to play GBA games.

Regarding NES and other emulators: These work on all carts cause there are external emulators.

TheGreat2nd

[No Title]
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Now you guys are just being assholes
lecture.gif

I would suggest the Supercard Lite.
Was that the one with the GBA cart casing packaged with it?

Awww, I was just kidding. :'<
Eh, I guess it's ok to kid around once in a while.
Throw some smileys to make everything funnier
tongue.gif

wub.gif

The SC works with GBA, just, you know, not as great as G6 and all.

blueraja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The GBA "incompatablilty" of the SC's is really exaggerated. The compatablity rate is well over 90% the only really big game I can think of that doesnt work is Mario Kart and there is a DS version that blows the GBA one out of the water anyway.

Check this list...it will give you a good idea of what works and what doesnt.

http://rothmans.joskeonline.com/supercardsite/index.php

Concidering the price difference, I sure havent missed the extra 50 or so games that work with the G6.

BTW that list if for an older firmware version, the compatablility has actually improved a bit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.