Best buy for someone about to buy a PSP to hack?

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by vanillakokakola, Aug 21, 2011.

1. vanillakokakola
    OP

vanillakokakola Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 5, 2010
    United States
    California
    I've been thinking about getting a PSP to hack for a while, and finally have the expendable money to do so... too bad I didn't have it a couple weeks ago before the latest update was released.

I've read all the charts saying what's fully hackable, what's partially hackable, etc, but I'm still a little lost. I want to softmod (so, no Pandora), and I (of course) want to spend as little money as possible. Which PSP model should I buy, and where would be a good place to get it from (if any)? Is there any way to be sure I'll be getting 6.39 or lower? Does it matter if I get higher than 6.39? Does the pope shit in the woods? Are bears Catholic? These questions and more will (hopefully) be answered.

2. prowler

prowler Sony

Jul 14, 2009
    Ragol
    Any PSP is fine really, there is a very low chance you'll get a PSP with 6.40 higher.
    A brand new PSP would be the safest bet to get one 6.39 or lower, you never know with used.

Also you want Hacking & Homebrew two doors down ALREADY MOVED.

3. vanillakokakola
    OP

vanillakokakola Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 5, 2010
    United States
    California
    My only other question is, am I screwed if I get 6.40+, or are there alternatives to at least let me get some homebrew going on it?

4. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    You can used "signed" homebrew, but it's got some disadvantages and many things cannot be "signed".

5. viiral

viiral Member

Newcomer
    Dec 18, 2007
    Norway
    if you mostly want to play games.

Do as me. Buy a PSP 3004 and upgrade it to 6.60 OFW then flash it with the PRO 6.60 CFW.

every time you power on your psp and want to play a backup you just run the fast recovery app and it goes into hack mode.

im not sure how well homebrew works on it but gaming is a breeze.