Best Buy 3DS Demo Kiosk list.

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by awssk8er, Mar 17, 2011.

Mar 17, 2011

Best Buy 3DS Demo Kiosk list. by awssk8er at 8:59 PM (4,924 Views / 0 Likes) 31 replies

1. awssk8er
    OP

Member awssk8er GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    So, as most people here probably know, "most" Best Buys have a Nintendo 3DS kiosk in their store now.

Since Best Buy's website does not have a list of locations or anything like that, I think it would be helpful to get a little list going.

I just called four different Best Buys, and had to wait on hold for around 30 minutes, so I think this thread could save people some time if they want to go try one out.

(So far, all four of them said they didn't have one, so the list is empty... but I could update this original post if enough people post the locations of where they played one).

Edit:

List so far:

Emeryville, California

2. nando

Member nando GBAtemp Addict

United States
    emeryville california

i check it out yesterday. they only have the pilotwings demo. i couldn't see the home screen or make a mii of my penis.

3. Donald Serrot

Member Donald Serrot GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Midland, TX

I was able to get to the home menu by turning the unit off and back on. The 3DS feels like it's attached to the display but it's just a really strong (non-damaging to electronics) magnet. The 3DS is still attached with a heavy duty cable, but can be freely moved around for the most part to make use of Face Raiders.

4. nando

Member nando GBAtemp Addict

United States
    I tried tHat but it went straight to the demo. It was probably set up diferent

5. Snailface

Member Snailface My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing

Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
    Antarctica
  6. Xuphor

Banned Xuphor I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.

United States
  7. ball2012003

ball2012003 Newbie

Damn they actually have one that's near me, looks like a I have plans for Saturday. Milpitas California.

8. Xuphor

United States
    Ok, something's strange. They list a location near me as having it, but I was just there today, they DO NOT have one. Do not fully trust the Nintendo link, call your Best Buy first.

9. Traversal

Member Traversal SASUKE-KUUUUUN~~~

United States
    So I checked the locator, and I have one store that has it, right next to me! Looks like I'll be going there tomorrow! [​IMG]

10. awssk8er
    OP

Member awssk8er GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Sweet! They just put this up within the last few days.

Edit: The closest Best Buy to me said they weren't getting one before launch... but it's on here. I'll go after work tomorrow. I'm not expecting them to have it though.

11. DiscostewSM

Member DiscostewSM GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    I'll have to call in tomorrow to see if the Best Buy near me not only has one to demo, but is also doing pre-orders on games. I have the unit pre-ordered from Gamestop, but I also have a gift card to Best Buy. Both are in close proximity of each other.

12. cojiro

Member cojiro GBAtemp Regular

United States
    just got to check out the pilotwings demo. pretty great!

13. DiscostewSM

Member DiscostewSM GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Went to the Best Buy in Sacramento, CA, on Arden Way to confirm if the BB locator was correct. They have a demo kiosk there with the Pilotwings Resort demo. While I didn't spend a lot of time playing the game, my main focus was to see how the 3D worked.

So, doe it work well? Very well imo. The game itself showed off more depth than trying to have things pop out, but it still did it very well. A good thing they made sure of having with the 3D was the adjustable slider, because when I first looked through it at the max setting, my eyes had a hard time focusing. I slid it to about half-way, and it became perfectly clear to see the depth, even with my prescription glasses. As far as losing the effect when tilting the unit, there is a little leeway, but you can tell when you get close to losing the effect by the blur seen on the left/right edge of the screen.

14. ars25

Member ars25 I like tacos and pie

United States
    i know i'm kindda bumping but for people who live near the mountclaire mall area the best buy behind or next to target has it went there last sat and they had it

15. Xuphor

United States
    Check the link in this thread, Nintendo.com lists all that have it.

16. Donald Serrot

Member Donald Serrot GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Except I tried that link and it didn't even list the Best Buy I had played with the 3DS at not 3 days before. XD

17. gloweyjoey

Member gloweyjoey who??

United States
    This. I used the link and it didnt say the Best Buy by me had one. Just got back from there and they for sure have one.

Best Buy @ The Plant 181 Curtner Avenue, San Jose, CA

18. elenar

Member elenar GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Best Buy in Denton, TX on Loop 288 has one, Nintendo's finder doesn't list it.

It's in the back by the guitar hero and skateboard accessories, so you might not find it right away.

19. DeadlyFoez

Member DeadlyFoez Banned

United States
    Best Buy in Manchester, NH has one. It's pretty sweet, but I bet it'd kill my eyes after a little bit.

20. TehSkull

Member TehSkull Living the life

United States
    Wow. There's one less than 10 miles away from me. I'm amazed. Will have to hit that up tonight. [​IMG] Gonna bring my AK2i and my ancient Datel Games n Music if I can.