Hacking Best brand of microsdhc?

kokiri_link

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I just ordered my cyclods, (upgrading frm an R4, as i dont see them doing anything new for their card now) and im looking for a decent 4gb+ microsdhc. Im just confused about the different "classes" etc. Any of these any good?

http://www.play.com/Search.aspx?searchtype....x=0&go.y=0

Bare in mind im from the UK, so if theres going to be any site suggestions then keep that in mind
wink.gif

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The higher the class, the faster the card. Class 6 is better than Class 4 is better than Class 2.

Sandisk and PNY are both reliable brands, but I'm not too sure about the Play.com one.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kokiri_link said:
So is class 4 good for ds games? Will there bee any noticeable lag in any games?

EDIT: Also...how do you know what class they are?
For the CycloDS, a class 4 should work perfectly. You can tell the class by the symbol "C" with a number inside (2,4, or 6) printed on the card. If it's not there, then you'll have to read the specifications on the website.

wilddenim

Candy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Where did you found that, kokiri_link?

I found the same on ebay for £20 including postage, it was brand new so I was pretty lucky.

I've got SanDisk 8GB Class 4 - I'm very happy with it. No lags.

SleepingDragon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Sandisk 8GB microsdhc that I use in my Cyclo DS and it works great. Not only does it handle the games great, but also works perfectly handling my music and videos on moonshell. I would recommend www.meritline.com. I got my 8gb microsdhc a few weeks ago for $62 with free shipping. It was a great deal, plus I got it in 3 days.

luke

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
start.duckduckgo.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have had no lag in the games that have had problems with my Sandisk 8gb MicroSDHC!

Also remember though that there is a limit for files in folders and with a card this size it is better to leave all the Roms on the root of the card or in multiple folders.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.