Best blargSNES performance? Pasta or Gateway CIA?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by xombiexplox, Jul 10, 2015.

1. xombiexplox
    OP

xombiexplox Member

Newcomer
    Feb 26, 2015
    United States
    I have a JP N3DS with both PastaCFW and GW emunand, and I've noticed a lot of the games I'd like to play freeze my whole system or black screen on me, even if they're listed as working on the blargSNES compatibility wiki. Does anybody know if installing blarg a certain way increases game compatibility/performance?

Thank you!

2. JJTapia19

JJTapia19 I fight for my friends.

May 31, 2015
    Puerto Rico
    You can try to download different roms with different md5 or file size of the same game. One should work if it's listed in the compatibility list. I think the best way of running blargSnes is via .cia.

3. xombiexplox
    OP

xombiexplox Member

Newcomer
    Feb 26, 2015
    United States
    Yeah, that crossed my mind as well. Lately I've been using a site that's called a paradise for emu, but not a lot of diff options for each game. I'll look elsewhere. I've got it installed as CIA in both cfws, so I guess I have that going for me. Thanks!

4. MattKimura

MattKimura 3DS & WiiU Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2014
    United States
    When you get a zip with multiple roms, just choose the one that says "Game Title (U) [!]" which is a clean rip and USA.

5. xombiexplox
    OP

xombiexplox Member

Newcomer
    Feb 26, 2015
    United States
    I'll keep an eye out for that, the games I'm really trying to get to work are Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy VI and CT has that same name format but doesn't work....some more digging needs to be done! Thanks :)

6. MattKimura

MattKimura 3DS & WiiU Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2014
    United States
    I don't think the emulator "Works" better in Gateway vs rxtools. The emulator is the emulator. If it boots, it works. It doesn't work better than it already does, the compatibility isn't perfect or even super great. Plays Donkey Kong Country, Super Metroid, Super Mario World great tho.