Best April fools 2013 - Google Unveils "Google Nose" Beta

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
imgur adds a new method of uploading your images: uploading via snail mail!

5FdD0le.png

At Imgur, our users’ input is the driving force behind all of our decisions. With the rise of the hipster, we were forced to ask ourselves, “How can we attract the film camera user?” It became evident to us that a more non-traditional type of uploading is necessary to appeal to a broad user base which includes film users, the computer illiterate, and those afraid of radiation from scanners. Snail mail is a proven method of data transfer that has been around long before the Internet. To stay on the forefront of technology, we’re going back to the roots of communication.

Py4Juuy.gif

Does the front page of Imgur confuse and frustrate you? Have you found yourself screaming, “HOW DO I UPLOAD?” Keep calm and give away your computer–Imgur now does the hard work for you. Still on dial-up? No worries–you won’t even need the Internet to share your cat pictures. Perhaps the upload process is too fast for you to follow? You’ll have tons of time to do other things while you wait 2-3 weeks to receive your URL!

zCnMNdl.gif

This upload method requires minimal computer interaction or effort. For just the price of postage, you can upload your image for free! Simply mail your image to the Imgur PO Box. When we receive your image in the mail, we’ll do all the work! Just sit back, relax, and wait for your unique image URL to be mailed back to you. Then use your landline or mobile phone to call your friends, coworkers and family to tell them to look at your image on the Internet. It’s that simple!

Mail your image to:

Imgur.com
PO Box 420773
San Francisco, CA 94142-0773

Please make sure to include your image and your mailing address. If submitting multiple images, indicate whether or not you’d like to make an album. Please allow 2-3 weeks to receive your URL.

*Imgur will not be held liable for images lost in the mail.

We hope you enjoy the new feature.

Sincerely,
Your overly attached Imgur team

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Google's april fools tend to be pretty good. They're almost believable, the only thing is that smellovision isn't invented yet. I wish it was so I could send people my farts over IRC :P

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The sad thing is people actually fall for this....

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20130331160222AAuNj6O

" WHAT?! It was a joke the whole time?! I was sitting here for fifteen min sniffing my iPod screen! I looked up how to do it and I got here! Wow I'm embarrassed. Not cool Google lol!!"

" Google nose worked for me when I tried toothpaste. I thought that the sound waves were tricking your brain to identify the smell based on your smell-memory. I thought it was some sort of hypnosis thing. I was imagining 4d movies and McDonald's radio commercials that smelled like actual food. But apparently it was a joke. My nose still feels weird now. :/"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1