Best and worst RPG Battle Music?

VBKirby

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The question is simple. What are some of the best and worst RPG battle songs. It can be any form of battle, be it boss music, character specific themes, just so long as it's during a battle.

The best battle music has to go to Magical Star Sign's Space Police Battle Music. You only hear it when fighting members of the space police, and it's the greatest battle song ever. It actually SOUNDS like battle music! Magical Star Sign in general has awesome battle music.

Also on the list is the Popple and Rookie Theme from Mario & Luigi Super Star Saga. I LOVE that song! Super Mario RPG LotSS Battle music is all really great too.

The gym leader song in Pokemon Red is a personal favourite of mine. (though some argue that Pokemon isn't a real RPG)

And one of the other greats is Jenna's Battle music in Golden Sun The Lost Age. That song also sounds like it would be battle music.

As for the list of clunkers, they include,

Despite my Golden Sun fanboyism, every other Golden Sun battle song stinks. Though I admit that they sound a LOT better with headphones.
Paper Mario battle themes ALL get on my nerves.
Pretty much everything else in the Pokemon Battle themes are annoying or mediocre.
And while people may hate me for this, the Final Fantasy battle theme in the first game really gets annoying after a while.

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Xenosaga Ep. I's music was a little annoying as it was the same for every single battle in the game apart from the final boss. A little uninspired, you know? At least the second and third games did it right by having a lot more themes.

I especially like the themes in Earthbound and Mother 3, if only because there are so many. Mother 3 had from what I found of the album at least 36 battle themes and not counting the boss themes. XD

Shabadage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I like the boss battle theme from Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean. I dont know the name but during the song it says, "Feelin Gay".

cupajoe

Have a cup of joe!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the atrocity that is the Blue Dragon boss battle music. I would rather eat shit and die than listen to that again.

Galacta

>:)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
cupajoe38 said:
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the atrocity that is the Blue Dragon boss battle music. I would rather eat shit and die than listen to that again.
LOL
Ive havent played BD
But I love al Music.. Weirdly but I hate The Xenosaga EP. OMG Id fall off a rollercoater!
hate2.gif

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dunno, i really liked the music and kingdom hearts and skies of arcadia. chrono trigger's music is good for such an archaic game too.

worst, custom robo arena.... drove me nucking futs

LFF

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Eternal Sonata's battle music is quite good.
FFX Battle theme is awesome.
Twilight Princess Boss themes are awesome when you start beating the boss, with that awesome melody.

damole

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not quite sure on battle music, but if we are talking about overall music, Chrono Cross wins that one.

Hillsy_

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Tales of Phantasia...If I remember correctly...Fighting the Spirit?? Also, Final Fantasy 6,7 & 8.

FFVII is probably the best out of the FF bunch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)