Best and most reliable place to buy? Also another question.

Discussion in 'CycloDS' started by Rubedo, Aug 1, 2009.

1. Rubedo
    OP

Member Rubedo Aikawa is OLEV

United States
    I already have my CycloDS, and know where I bought mine from, but my mom's friend wants to buy her kid one for his birthday, and told me to look and see if there were other places that are safer and/or could give a better deal. I used Realhotstuff, but is there a better place to get one?

Also, what do I need to do to be able to have two saves for a single game? I know there's the alternate save option in the settings menu, but I don't know how to make it know which save I want to be the alternative save and the main save.

2. hoist20032002

Member hoist20032002 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    1st question...Go to www.gamebygame...It maybe more expensive but it's well worth it...You get free shipping....I got mine in 2 days and i'm in New Orleans [​IMG] .......The 2nd question I'm not so sure about >.>

3. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
  4. Pliskron

Banned Pliskron Banned

United States
    Real hot stuff if also the best place I've ever dealt with.

5. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    For the second question: There is an option in the Cyclo's menu for either Normal or Alternate saves. Normal saves are saved in the root of the SD card, whereas Alternate saves are saved in an automatically created folder called SAVES. You can't choose which save to load for each individual game. You either choose Normal or Alternate in the settings and all game saves will be loaded accordingly. It will make sense when you get the Cyclo.

6. leiger

Member leiger GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Actually, normal saves are saved wherever the .nds file is located - so that could be root, or it could be a folder titled "DS Games" like I'm using.
    And of course alternative mode - always in the SAVES folder as you said.

If I want to use the other save file I just go to the main menu, change the option in settings, then go back to my game and run it. Just need to remember to set it back to alternative (what I usually use) when I'm finished playing that game.

The feature wasn't intended to be used as a separate save slot, so it's not exactly user-friendly using it that way. But it does work.

7. cngamemart

Banned cngamemart Banned

China
    here gives you more choices,why not coming here [​IMG]

8. TheWorldEndsWith

Newcomer TheWorldEndsWith Advanced Member

United States
    hate ads....
    well gamebygame 's shipping is faster than realhotstuff by about a day is you live in EST area

9. mrmilkman

Newcomer mrmilkman Member

Antarctica
    What about international? anyone know? I'm in Australia

10. mercluke

Member mercluke ‮҉

Australia
    whoops, thought you were us, ignore the link i posted in your thread and try out this place: here
    it's where i bought mine from (live in perth), postage was only 2 days from there to my place [​IMG]