Hacking Best and most reliable place to buy? Also another question.

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I already have my CycloDS, and know where I bought mine from, but my mom's friend wants to buy her kid one for his birthday, and told me to look and see if there were other places that are safer and/or could give a better deal. I used Realhotstuff, but is there a better place to get one?

Also, what do I need to do to be able to have two saves for a single game? I know there's the alternate save option in the settings menu, but I don't know how to make it know which save I want to be the alternative save and the main save.

hoist20032002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1st question...Go to www.gamebygame...It maybe more expensive but it's well worth it...You get free shipping....I got mine in 2 days and i'm in New Orleans
smile.gif
.......The 2nd question I'm not so sure about >.>

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
For the second question: There is an option in the Cyclo's menu for either Normal or Alternate saves. Normal saves are saved in the root of the SD card, whereas Alternate saves are saved in an automatically created folder called SAVES. You can't choose which save to load for each individual game. You either choose Normal or Alternate in the settings and all game saves will be loaded accordingly. It will make sense when you get the Cyclo.

leiger

Trophies
XP
Country
DeMoN said:
For the second question: There is an option in the Cyclo's menu for either Normal or Alternate saves. Normal saves are saved in the root of the SD card, whereas Alternate saves are saved in an automatically created folder called SAVES. You can't choose which save to load for each individual game. You either choose Normal or Alternate in the settings and all game saves will be loaded accordingly. It will make sense when you get the Cyclo.
Actually, normal saves are saved wherever the .nds file is located - so that could be root, or it could be a folder titled "DS Games" like I'm using.
And of course alternative mode - always in the SAVES folder as you said.

If I want to use the other save file I just go to the main menu, change the option in settings, then go back to my game and run it. Just need to remember to set it back to alternative (what I usually use) when I'm finished playing that game.

The feature wasn't intended to be used as a separate save slot, so it's not exactly user-friendly using it that way. But it does work.

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
mrmilkman said:
What about international? anyone know? I'm in Australia
whoops, thought you were us, ignore the link i posted in your thread and try out this place: here
it's where i bought mine from (live in perth), postage was only 2 days from there to my place
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling. +1